Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
In your software update:

iDVD 3.0.1

This iDVD 3.0.1 update will increase the stability, reliability, and performance of iDVD 3. Specific areas of improvement include burning DVDs, menu highlighting, encoding, and editing enhancements.

Happy downloading!

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Re: iDVD 3.0.1 Update

Sorry, but this is too funny. Specific improvements to burning DVDs, menu highlighting, encoding, and editing enhancements? What else does iDVD do? :)

Anyway, I downloaded this, and it works fine still. I haven't burnt a DVD with the new version yet but I have no reason to doubt that it won't be OK.

Keep the updates coming Apple!

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
One thing I don't understand is why some updates show up for applications that I don't have and never had. For example, iSync always shows up. Why would I update it if I never installed it?

Aciddan

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2002
Australia
I don't suppose there were any driver updates snuck in with iDVD for say a new DVD burner?

-- Dan 'wishful thinking'

Mattski

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2003
Australia
Vamoose

It appears as though it has dissapeared.

It certainly isn't showing up in my software updates.

Anyone else with the same issue?

sabbath999

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2003
rural Missouri
Re: Re: iDVD 3.0.1 Update

Originally posted by Freg3000
Sorry, but this is too funny. Specific improvements to burning DVDs, menu highlighting, encoding, and editing enhancements? What else does iDVD do? :)

For a lot of people, it does nothing but waste time. 3.0 is buggy as all getout, and depending on your configuration you have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

VERY buggy program.

tjgallan

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
Chapter Buttons STILL Don't Work

Although it was a feature hyped by Jobs, you still (with 3.0.1) cannot assign a image or movie frame to a chapter button and have it stick. Once you leave the menu screen and come back, the button image reverts to the chapter marker's frame. There were many, many, many threads documenting this problem on the Apple Discussion Board and I'm sure there were a lot of feedback messages sent to Apple on it as well. Yet it was not fixed. Very disappointing.

mclosers

macrumors member
May 1, 2003
Hangin on stage 4

Try turning off the check box in the energy saver control panel called spin down HD when not in use or whatever. What seems to heppen is the super drive can spin down and actually turn off and the computer can't reconize it. That should fix your problem. I only wish someone told me this when i first had that problem It took me about 10 wasted DVDs and 30 hours of messing around to figure it out.

Rustus Maximus

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2003
Originally posted by Sedulous
One thing I don't understand is why some updates show up for applications that I don't have and never had. For example, iSync always shows up. Why would I update it if I never installed it?

Sedulous, I may be wrong, but I think the iSync 'update' you are seeing in your Software Update screen is actually the full program itself, not an update.

Rustus

pcharles

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2003
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Re: Still hangs on Stage 4

Originally posted by rayzor
Well, I downloaded the update and I still can't burn a DVD

Yep! The program still sucks. I can burn one copy and then I get the "multiplexing" error. iDVD2 was my first foray into DVD burning and I am not happy at all. This program is more like a Windows Application. I just wish there was a reasonable priced alternative that was not DVD Studio Pro.

sabbath999

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2003
rural Missouri
Re: Re: Still hangs on Stage 4

Originally posted by pcharles
Yep! The program still sucks. I can burn one copy and then I get the "multiplexing" error. iDVD2 was my first foray into DVD burning and I am not happy at all. This program is more like a Windows Application. I just wish there was a reasonable priced alternative that was not DVD Studio Pro.

Capty from Pixela (via LaCie) is actually not bad, if rather simplistic.

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
iDVD: No Problems Here!

Hey Everyone:

I for one have NOT had a single problem with iDVD 3.0 and this update has no problems either (seems to be faster but it could just be me). I have a Pioneer DVD-R 105 in my G4 500 tower. I have 1 GB RAM. I also have a 40 GB boot disk with the apps (including iDVD) and a separate 120 GB drive just for Video. Installation went without a hitch. even though my mac is not supported by iDVD because it did not come from Apple with a SuperDrive. This is what I do: I usually defrag my "video" drive after my iMovie/FCE project is done. Then I quit all open apps and set the HD's and computer not to sleep. I then open my project in IDVD. Before I do anything else, I increase the "nice" value for iDVD with an awesome app called "Process Wizard" to increase iDVD's share of processor power. I then set up my menus, chapters, soundtracks. After I am happy with it, wherever the encoding process is, I click "Burn", insert a blank DVD and go do an errand or go to bed. When I come back to my Mac, the finished DVD is sitting on the tray waiting to be played/copied. I have made about 21 DVD's without a single error. I then use Toast Titanium to make copies for friends and families. Don't be parsimonious, spend a little on RAM and a fat drive, and above all be methodical and patient and iDVD will not fail!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.