Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
and what are u doing?! :confused:

I'm an heading out to the French Quarter in a few mins to spend a day out shooting pictures of the sites all around....

soon enough u guys will all be able to see them when I get them posted up on the internet....any of u designers hear of www.istockphoto.com? :p

btw....does anyone else around here find it easy to feel motivated on 4 hours sleep?!?! :) :D ;) :p :cool: :eek:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I'm on vacation!

Instead of being in New Jersey my parents and I are going to spend the weekend in Maine. They are planning to purchase a second one in Maine on Monday!

So, for the day Saturday and probably Sunday I will spend the time along in Maine, typing up forums (where else would I be?) and, if I feel like it, work on my Chemistry project.

It does not take a genius to figure it out . . . just someone who uses a Mac.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
My sister has just come back from Uni (Last night) and I am sitting in my room with my macs and listening to nickelback.

I only came on to post this cool link I found and so far I have been reading other posts!

Next I am going to back to playing on EVN (http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/)

This evening I am going bowling (10).

Ensign

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Eyes, brother, I miss those days down there. My old house was on the corner of Dauphine and Orleans! I miss the feeling of waking up on three or four hours of sleep and then hanging out in the quarter all day. The thing about the quarter I miss the most is that you can stay in the quarter for everything. You never have to leave :) Royal Street Grocery. Man I miss New Orleans. My wife wants to know if you name is Gary? She knows an artist there, and is pushing our small world theory to the extreme. :D

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Guitar shopping.

I'm going shopping for a new acoustic today. I've been at it for the last few weeks. I'm off!

Matthew

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
I was dancing with the hotties at a local bar and singing "Bust a Move" on karaoke.

-Pete

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Great Time

I had a great time Friday, and Saturday. Friday, once school got out at 2:00 PT, I went out with some buddies on my baseball team to go bowling. So, after that, we went to Pizza Hut for some food, and drinks.

Then, we stopped by my brothers house to pick up the boxing gloves :D
We went to my friend's house, and cleaned up his room, and boxed. 2 of my friends boxed, and it was good fight. Then, I boxed the biggest kid there, and got a shot in on his nose, but he started swinging and knocked me in my head.

After, we were all done boxing, we decided to watch a litle *late night* TV (Satelite)
Haha, after that, (its like 11:00 at night) we sneak out to TP some houses and egg. We got this house sooo good, and we chucked a few eggs around. But, when we got home, his mom was looking for us. The first thing she says is..."where are the eggs Marc?"

The End (for now):eek:

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Re: Great Time

Originally posted by MacAztec (formerly Mac_User)
We got this house sooo good, and we chucked a few eggs around. But, when we got home, his mom was looking for us. The first thing she says is..."where are the eggs Marc?"
Heh heh! Busted. :D

Just plan on spending the day listening to some phat toonz, outside in our 33º (C) day. Sweeeet. Might even go to the beach...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Eyes, brother, I miss those days down there. My old house was on the corner of Dauphine and Orleans! I miss the feeling of waking up on three or four hours of sleep and then hanging out in the quarter all day. The thing about the quarter I miss the most is that you can stay in the quarter for everything. You never have to leave :) Royal Street Grocery. Man I miss New Orleans. My wife wants to know if you name is Gary? She knows an artist there, and is pushing our small world theory to the extreme. :D

well I was all around there today.....probably went past your old place a few times.....even got some nice shots on Esplanade Ave.....I love that street...

u should visit sometime...do u have any friends out here?

and your wife isn't right on with the name part....my name's Frank :p

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Actually, I have a lot of friends down there. All the guys from Rose, all the people who I worked with in the quarter are actually still there. It is amazing how you can live in the quarter for one year, but its like six years anywhere else.

A friend of mine and my wifes just moved down there. She is a real hottie! My wife is from Lafayette, so she has family there, and friends as well. She is getting her degree here in Interior Design, so we may come that way after she graduates. Glad you had a great day.
Chuck

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Actually, I have a lot of friends down there. All the guys from Rose, all the people who I worked with in the quarter are actually still there. It is amazing how you can live in the quarter for one year, but its like six years anywhere else.

A friend of mine and my wifes just moved down there. She is a real hottie! My wife is from Lafayette, so she has family there, and friends as well. She is getting her degree here in Interior Design, so we may come that way after she graduates. Glad you had a great day.
Chuck

he he he...it doesn't surprise me all the people u knew here are still here. U know most people who live here don't end up leaving....kinda get stuck I suppose. I love New Orleans for all of it's history and sites....but hate it at the same time for a number of reasons. I'm looking at getting out of here later this year...just so I can experience something else other than this.

What brought your friend down here?

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
She got a job there as a Landman. She finds land that has Oil on it, and then talks the people into selling the land / or rights to the minerals. I loved it there, except for the crime. Birmingham rocks man, you should really take a look at it sometime. Awesome city, clean, great night life, and did I say clean, I mean clean. Hope you had a great weekend....

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
re: cleanliness

She got a job there as a Landman. She finds land that has Oil on it, and then talks the people into selling the land / or rights to the minerals. I loved it there, except for the crime. Birmingham rocks man, you should really take a look at it sometime. Awesome city, clean, great night life, and did I say clean, I mean clean. Hope you had a great weekend....

that's one of the problems I have with New Orleans....it's just so damned dirty!!!

I know a guy who's lived on and off in Birmingham....know another guy....u may know Dave Rosser by chance? He's from Alabama as well...

anyway...it's Monday now...ugh...:(

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
No doubt on the Monday thing. Doing IT work on Mondays always sucks though. Everyone has problems from the weekend. I do not know the guy that you mentioned, but I might if I saw him. I have always been better with faces than names. Hey, do me a favor if you don't mind. Ask Darin if he still has a copy of their old CD when he was in Metal Rose. If he does would you make me a copy of it? I haven't heard that music in years, and it would bring back some great memories. Hope things are well in the Big City.

Chuck

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I know he's got a bunch of cassette tapes....not sure about cd's though....what's your last name just so I can be accurate about with who I'm speaking...

and here's dave's website: rosser

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
My last name is Stacey. He will know who I am. Those fools used to crash at my house when they would come into Tuscaloosa back in the day. Is he still married? Does he have kids yet. If you don't mind, give him this link, and he can check out pictures of my little girl.

http://homepage.mac.com/chuck_stacey

You can check it out too if you like. :)

I will check out Daves site.

Talk to you soon.

Now you have my e-mail address, so drop me a note at home.
Talk to you soon.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: It's Saturday again!!!

Originally posted by eyelikeart
and what are u doing?! :confused:

I'm an heading out to the French Quarter in a few mins to spend a day out shooting pictures of the sites all around....

soon enough u guys will all be able to see them when I get them posted up on the internet....any of u designers hear of www.istockphoto.som? :p

btw....does anyone else around here find it easy to feel motivated on 4 hours sleep?!?! :) :D ;) :p :cool: :eek:

i wish saturday was a "guaranteed" day off, but if you are a self employed techie, you are a lot of people's one man IT department

this week, i was a one man tax preparation department (oh, those 7-11 hot dogs are definitely a write off to keep that baby fat all techies need to have to look "official"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.