Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy P. Gan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
Wilmington
Sorry guys to inform you of this, but MWNY might not happen this year, at least not in New York. My girl friend's brother works for Mac, and his boss (who is really high up in the production and design team *no names*) told him to put his work on the new keyboard design on hold for awhile so that the big wigs can sort out MWNY.

It seems there are some serious security concerns about hosting it in New York. After a security review, IDG Expo, the people organizing it expressed some serious concerns about planning it. While these concerns have been lessened by the promise of more security, IDG Expo apparently are still thinking about moving it to another city. Detroit was mentioned, as was Pasadena.

I think the new OS X will still be released, but I don't know when. If you guys hear anymore about this, let me know and I will see if I can pump my brother for more info.

Thanks!!!

Quinnn

ps: I asked about the one key keyboard, and apparently there is something "like it" in the works. Possibly a two key??

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
right, I find this information to not agree with the information I have recieved from IDG in the UK, but I will not comment cause I don't want to make an enemy!

Ensign

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
when I think about it...

It seems to me like this could be good news for me!

I am going to AppleExpo Paris so Apple might introduce more products over there and I will get to see them!

I hope it goes ahead though, I cannot wait till Paris for this new keyboard.

Any more info on the keyboard?

Ensign

LawnWrangler

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2002
I doubt they would leave New York, unless they were insanely embarrassed about not getting the apple store built up there in time. Im wondering about this "Quinnn" fellow....has anyone mixed the letters up in "Roy P Gan" yet? Its...interesting...

-LW

Bophonic

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2001
NOT TRUE

I already recieved my pass for the expo and keynote for MWNY. I guess the security issue was resolved. See you all there. G5 baby...

P

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
I think the notion that lingering concerns about security in NYC would require moving MacWorld is ridiculous. Of course, I also thought the cancellation of Paris last year was fairly asinine, so I am probably the wrong one to judge.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
this was part of the made-up/spam posts by certain users...

they have been banned

arn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.