PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Porting/Activation Problems Thread

dagger55
Jun 30, 2007, 02:13 PM
The other thread is cluttered with all kinds of issues...

I would like to get a thread with just verizon problems, as it seems there are A LOT of us out there...

Any successful Verizon ports out there? What did you do and who did you call to get it working?

I am on the phone with some reps now, and they cant find anything and do not know any information... all they do is transfer me.

dagger55
Jun 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
ok the last rep has now informed me that the iTunes set up process did not issue a port request, and that i need to do the whole activation process over again (which i dont know how to do since it wont let me do anything in iTunes), enlist as a new att subscriber, go through the whole activation process again, and then once that is done, call and get my verizon number ported over.

And I get this information 20 hours after i first tried to activate.

This is SIMPLY ABSURD, and has truly ruined this product for me.

TurboPGT
Jun 30, 2007, 02:39 PM
I'm very upset with this. I've spoken to at least 20 people and have not slept. Now I have work tonight and I'm a zombie.

Trying to port from Verizon... since 7:00 PM yesterday. I had my issue "red flagged" which means nothing except that I called. There was some issue encountered with my porting that I only discovered through their automated system. I really hope they stick to the 24 hr. mark form the e-mail.

This is ridiculous. Actually there are no words anymore. There were words when it was not immediate, as it should have been, as it was advertised, as we were lied to about. There were even words when it was 2 hrs in and ridiculous. Now...21 hrs....

unreal

I can't wait anymore now I have to go to work and bring my phone and laptop.

Hope it doesn't need to be plugged in when activation gets pushed through or I'm screwed.

sizemoresr
Jun 30, 2007, 03:06 PM
I had no idea it would be like this. I've spoken with several AT&T reps, each time getting a difference response. I've decided that the only thing I can do at this point is wait. I started this process at 7 pm yesterday. I did everything right. I had my Verizon Account Number ready. Downloaded 7.3 before I went to the apple store at 2. I'm really not sure who's to blame on this, but Apple and AT&T have let me down big time. I probably shouldn't be getting this upset over a cell phone, but I've been waiting for this day (yesterday) for a long time, and I'm still unable to use my $600 iPhone.

arn
Jun 30, 2007, 03:08 PM
anyone try this?

http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007/06/30/porting-ineligible-mobile-numbers-to-iphone/

arn

iPhone70115
Jun 30, 2007, 03:36 PM
Verizon port problems as well. I was #1 in line and started the activation at 7pm CST...It is now 3:40pm..Still nothing. I'm getting anxious and I might just ditch the old number and get a new one.

How long has everyone been waiting?

If I ditch the old number, will the new one activate the iphone instantly?

I have yet to receive any error emails so I'm still hopeful.

tasslehawf
Jun 30, 2007, 04:00 PM
Phone activated without a problem, but the number has still not transferred.

unity
Jun 30, 2007, 04:01 PM
Anytime you port a number, the now former provider (Verizon, T-Mobile) have to "release" it. They take all the time in the world to do this. AT&T is only waiting for the number to come to them in the pool. Try calling you previous provider to speed it up.

You can all call AT&T and have them re-request.

igrover
Jun 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
This i so true. All the non-AT&T carriers have no incentive to port your number over quickly. I would not be surprised to find out that they slowed down the process out of spite.

MWGNYC
Jun 30, 2007, 08:38 PM
I have now waited over 24 hours for my iPhone to activate and IT STILL IS NOT ACTIVE!!!. I have not received an email from AT&T since last night. I have spent a total of about 4 hours on three sepaerate phone calls to AT&T's iPhone Activation #, with no results. They can't seem to figure it out. They kept putting me on hold saying that they are working on it and they are sorry.

This is a disaster and now AT&T has way too many upset customers. Everyone should request at the very least that AT&T waive the $36 activation fee since this is an activation screw up. I really hope APPLE is pressuring AT&T to get their act together.

unity
Jun 30, 2007, 11:09 PM
If you are having problems, by all means ask for a credit of the activation fee - I sure would. Also call your former provider and make sure they got the number port request.

butzchan
Oct 17, 2011, 08:45 AM
I first activated my 4s at 3:30 pm on 10/14. At 10:30 am on the 15th, phone seemed to work ok. Placed a call, and receives a few calls, used data. Port was "complete" around 1 pm on the 16th. Since the port has been complete, I have had no service at all. Verizon states that the problem is on their end. They opened a ticked and escalated it yesterday at 9pm.

This phone is also my business line. Wonder how many calls I have missed!?! Welcome to Verizon...what a nightmare.