PDA

View Full Version : It's hard to decide what's more pathetic: scripting an ele...

MacBytes
Jul 15, 2003, 11:28 AM
Category: Humor
Link: It's hard to decide what's more pathetic: scripting an electronic ballot stuffer for a trivial on-line poll of tech-CEO popularity, or creating a trivial on-line poll that begs to be abused. (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/31749.html)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Chealion
Jul 15, 2003, 11:52 AM
Wow, theres a lot of pure BS in there... Not worth reading at all.

MrMacMan
Jul 15, 2003, 12:01 PM
This has been posted before, Forbes has a poll that win users spammed.

End of Story.

bobindashadows
Jul 15, 2003, 01:58 PM
I don't know. Mac users were all over that thing bumping it up with single votes because we like Steve and MacRumors linked to it.... giving all the macrumors readers a chance to vote for our favorite CEOs. I personally voted for Steve. This is probably what "GK from Rhode Island" (was that it?) was getting at - that Mac users support their corporation. Thus, he, being d4 lE37 h4X0r D0oD d47 h3 wUz, had a tissy fit, pooped his pants, and started using bots. Mac users had a tissy fit, pooped their pants, and started using bots. The Register took a note from The New York Times and the Washington Post (for more examples, look at 90% of the media), spread their lies, and it made macBytes. Frankly, the reactions on both parts were pretty stupid.

chubakka
Jul 15, 2003, 06:40 PM
"With OS X becoming more and more like Windows everyday."

Wow. And they call us delusional.

I know uber-geeks use Linux... but I don't think Apple has anything to worry about. The Register always has this "we use linux and we're above the fray" attitude... but then they go and post some window psycho's babbling.

Also posted scripts to thumbs up or thumbs down Ballmer too.

Freg3000
Jul 15, 2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by chubakka

Wow. And they call us delusional.

I just read that too? What are they thinking?

janey
Jul 15, 2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by chubakka
heh it should be more like "With Windows becoming more and more like NeXTstep every year..."

Daveman Deluxe
Jul 16, 2003, 11:05 PM
The Register, a bastion of unbiased journalism. </sarcasm>