PDA

View Full Version : New Ipod: Center Button Rarely Works

vwcruisn
Jul 15, 2003, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have a problem with the center button on the generation3 ipods not working a lot of the time. Mine wont work for say a half an hour... then later in the day, it will work again.. sometimes after pressing it a bunch of times. I have tryed to reset it using the menu and play button.. but that never seems to help. Any suggestions? Id take it into the apple store but I just KNOW that when i get it in there.. it will work just fine.. until im 10 minutes away from the store again.

visor
Jul 15, 2003, 03:54 PM
I's the same here.
It doesn't get all the input I give it. Usually works fine a few seconds later, though.

The iPod isn't much of a gain for me really, I already think of selling it again.

FredAkbar
Jul 15, 2003, 04:29 PM
No problems with the center button for me.

There is a problem with the Hold switch, though. Sometimes, when the iPod has been on Hold, when I switch the Hold switch back to "non-hold," the iPod stays on Hold. I repeatedly move the switch back and forth, but to no avail. Evennnnnnntually it will go back off of Hold, but it's still annoying, and I'd hate to not be able to use the Hold feature, since those buttons are so easy to accidentally press. I can't even restart the iPod when this happens, because the buttons won't work, since it's on Hold.

Anyone else having this problem?

--Fred

vwcruisn
Nov 20, 2003, 05:26 AM
i sent it in to apple to get fixed and it came back with a letter saying it works fine and is within apples standards of an operating product... i took it out of the box.. and what do you know.. the center button was not responding :o

any suggestions on what i should do? its getting to the point where i just want to ebay it.. take a loss and buy a new one somewhere.. help!