PDA

View Full Version : inCase for iPhone

thomasfxlt
Jun 30, 2007, 10:47 PM
The Apple Store had these on Friday. I purchased one for my iPhone. I have to say I like it. Here are my comments;

1. Fits tightly to the unit and is not bulky.

2. The power and volume buttons are not exposed, but activated via tabbed areas on the incase. These work well and are easy to locate by touch.

3. The entire front of the panel is left exposed. I liked this. It makes the inCase easy to take on and off. I'll protect the screen with a protector, though it may not need one.

4. You cannot place the unit in the dock with the cover on (hence the importance of easy removal)

5. The density of the inCase material will definitely protect the unit if dropped and there is enough of a lip created on the front that it will protect the screen if dropped on a flat surface.

6. The black case makes the iPhone rather stealth.

7. All openings in the case are precise and cause no problems relative to operating the phone.

I'd recommend it even though $29.99 seems a bit expensive for a phone skin. I think it's cheap insurance to keep the iPhone safe. I can't tell you how many times I dropped my Treo.

Kingsly
Jun 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
I have one as well. Highly recommended. In fact, I recommend InCase products for iPods and Macs as well (no, I don't work for them ;) ).

TaylorB
Jul 1, 2007, 11:02 AM
I was just looking at these and I really hoped someone had written something about them, so thank you very much!

justinnum1
Jul 1, 2007, 11:53 AM
I agree 100%. This case is amazing. The best part about it is the back. It is a textured surface that offers some "tackiness" and lets you grip it nicley with both hands so you can type a lot easier. It is also really compact so it keeps the iPhone looking small. I also bought a plastic case for the phone but it felt cheap and bulky. I recomend this to everyone.

itsallinurhead
Jul 1, 2007, 12:33 PM
I like mine. I just hate having to take it off to dock and I am scared dirt will fan into it and scratch the hell out of my phone. That happened to my iPod in its case. :(

jwa276
Jul 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
My girlfriend and I both have this case along with the crystal clear screen covers, and we are absolutely loving the incase cases mentioned in this thread.

I read somewhere on the box or in the instructions to regularly take off the case and clean out dirt / particles so it doesn't scratch your phone.

kgarchar
Jul 1, 2007, 01:05 PM
I love the case

...but I hate how it doesn't slide into your pocket. The rubber makes it very sticky against jeans.

island
Jul 1, 2007, 03:06 PM
plain and simple, best case i ever used for a mobile device. I even tried the other cases in the apple store and this takes the cake hands down.

Slevin
Jul 1, 2007, 04:40 PM
I had it but returned it, I found that repeatedly taking the phone out of and putting it back into the case deformed the case ever so slightly so that it didn't cover the entire phone (the silver trim was showing.) I feared that over time the case would become too warped and the seal would not be a good one. Now if you ask why I would take the phone out so soon its because apple recommends that you NOT charge the iPhone while it is in a case as this can damage the battery and result in a shorter battery life over time. So i returned it and got the incase leather holster instead. I like it much better.

voicegy
Jul 1, 2007, 06:51 PM
It's a nice case, but doesn't quite fit the bill for me:

1. Belt clip doesn't rotate.
2. Stitching looks tackey (to me)
3. Closure is 'snap' kind - I want a magnetic closure.

Still on the hunt...

tech fusion
Jul 1, 2007, 11:34 PM
I was looking at the incase, but got the speck tough skin. the speck case looked more durable and it had a holster for the same price of the incase.

dfnj123
Jul 1, 2007, 11:57 PM
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/lm_altview_tn557lla.jpghttp://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/lm_altview_tn563lla.jpghttp://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/lm_altview_tn558lla.jpg :eek:

hh83917
Jul 2, 2007, 12:39 AM
I also got the black plastic one and I have to say I really liked it. It fits nice and protects the iPhone very well. I'm now just waiting for my Martin fields screen protector to arrive and I'll be all set :)

CJK
Jul 2, 2007, 07:39 AM
It's a nice case, but doesn't quite fit the bill for me:

1. Belt clip doesn't rotate.
2. Stitching looks tackey (to me)
3. Closure is 'snap' kind - I want a magnetic closure.

Still on the hunt...

I bought the InCase one also, and I'm quite pleased with it. But I am still on the hunt for the perfect case -- which I expect will be made by Vaja.

Check out their site (www.vajacases.com) for the best cases made (IMNSHO) for phones and iPods. They've just released their first set of iPhone cases!

Diode
Jul 2, 2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone know of something like the incase leather w/o the beltclip?

I just want to put it in my pocket and I don't like rubber.

thomasfxlt
Aug 3, 2007, 12:37 PM
So I bought this case on Launch day. I posted this original and very preliminary review of the case.

Here is a follow-up.

The case stretches and it happens quickly with any removal of the case (which is necessary to keep it clean and free of dirt and debris from your pockets).

I would say that after only 30 days, the case is almost ruined from this lack of "memory" in the material.

Initially, I felt this was almost a perfect solution for many reason and still would except for the fact that the case is made of a material that does not retain its shape.

The thing I most like about the case is the slip resistance. It really stays in your hand. I tend to rest in on my lap or knee on occasion and it stays put. I believe the Incase would also provide adequate impact protection if dropped (which hasn't happened because the case does it's job of staying in your hand).

I'm going to contact the manufacturer and try to get it replaced. I'll let you know how that goes.

avah12
Aug 3, 2007, 03:51 PM
So I bought this case on Launch day. I posted this original and very preliminary review of the case.

Here is a follow-up.

The case stretches and it happens quickly with any removal of the case (which is necessary to keep it clean and free of dirt and debris from your pockets).

I would say that after only 30 days, the case is almost ruined from this lack of "memory" in the material.

Initially, I felt this was almost a perfect solution for many reason and still would except for the fact that the case is made of a material that does not retain its shape.

The thing I most like about the case is the slip resistance. It really stays in your hand. I tend to rest in on my lap or knee on occasion and it stays put. I believe the Incase would also provide adequate impact protection if dropped (which hasn't happened because the case does it's job of staying in your hand).

I'm going to contact the manufacturer and try to get it replaced. I'll let you know how that goes.
I too have not been happy with my case because of the stretching. I called inCase this morning and the guy said they definitely know it is an issue and are encouraging customers to fill out the claim form they have on the warranty section of their website. They are obviously trying to get to the bottom of what the problem is (material or a bad batch). I love the case aside from the stretching, but I don't wanna have to deal with the stretching again. So I guess I might go with the fitted leather case even though it is bulkier, ugly, and doesn't cover the whole thing.

I will let you all know how my eventual exchange works out.

sleepy523
Aug 7, 2007, 04:53 PM
Diode..
I have a prima Open Face Style Case. They offer without belt clip and it's a pretty slim design.
I have a lot of Prima cases and really like their work.

morg0052
Sep 2, 2007, 09:43 PM
So I too was having my incase sleeve stretch over time, i contacted the company and they sent me a new one, all I had to do was cut up my old one, take a picture of it and email it to them. Which is a lot better than having to mail it back to them. The new case through about 2 and a half weeks is not stretching at all, when my old one was stretched after about a week. So I think they figured out the problem and the ones now are great. Has any one else had the newer version and found this to be true?

Taylor C
Sep 2, 2007, 10:05 PM
I've got the InCase Fitted Leather Sleeve and I love it. I went through four cases before I tried the one I'm using now, including the InCase rubber one (which I hated). I should've just listened to my friend in the first place. :rolleyes:

jersey
Sep 13, 2007, 07:07 AM
So I too was having my incase sleeve stretch over time, i contacted the company and they sent me a new one, all I had to do was cut up my old one, take a picture of it and email it to them. Which is a lot better than having to mail it back to them. The new case through about 2 and a half weeks is not stretching at all, when my old one was stretched after about a week. So I think they figured out the problem and the ones now are great. Has any one else had the newer version and found this to be true?

How long did it take for them to get back to you?

I sent a note via their site on Sunday, but have yet to hear back from them. Any suggestions?

alljunks
Sep 19, 2007, 06:02 PM
i am using one of these now...very nice when i first put it on, but after few weeks of using, the rubber gets loose!!!

jecapaga
Sep 20, 2007, 02:13 AM
well i also bought this case on phone day and it's almost the perfect case for me..adds protection, grip and isn't too ugly. too bad that it scratched my bezel all up and the rubber stretched completely out. i still use it when i am in an environment where i need some protection but totally bummed that the case stretched out.