Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iprincess

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
i just want a simple cloth made out of the same material of the iphone cleaning cloth. i am thinking something similar to the sleeve the ipod video comes with. i have not seen anything even remotely like this for iphone.

while i don't think the iphone needs a case at all, a sleeve/bag like this would serve the more functional purpose of constantly clearing the smudges and fingerprints off the screen when not in use while not having to keep track of the cleaning cloth. it would also further protect it if you wanted to throw it in your bag or pocket with keys without worrying.

i was looking at the cleaning cloth and determined that two could be sewn together to achieve this, however, i don't know how to get another cleaning cloth. any ideas? too bad apple didn't make the cleaning cloth like this from the get-go, it would be simple.

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2006
The cloth that comes with the iPhone appears to be make from micro-suede. Just run a Google search for "micro-suede pouch" or something and see what comes up. Alternatively, look for microfiber products. Microfiber is great and won't scratch. It's the only kind of cloth I use on my BMW.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Yup these type of cases are what I like best too. I hate cases that obscure the device, I like to touch the device naked and see it in all it's glory. However sometimes when I chuck my ipod in my bag or whatever I like to have something that will keep it scratch-free, so I stick to the original case that came with the ipod.

I think foof bags will come up with a case for the iphone, if they haven't already. They are pretty much what you are after.

Check it out: http://foofshop.com/

edit - I just checked, and they do indeed have the ipod cases in iPhone size. I like the hive mind style.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
I use a spare Oakley sunglasses "Software" microfiber bag. It's the perfect width, although a big long. I like it!

bag.jpg

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2006
YES YES YES!!!! thank you all so much!
and options too.
awesome :apple:

No problem. Looks like an iPod sock works, too. I just tried it and it works great. Snug fit width wise but the sock is a little too short. If you stretch it, it fits completely though. The only thing it's missing is a pocket sewn into the sock for a place to stick your earphones.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
I'm also interested in this, but the ilounge review said that unlike apple's there is no interior reinforcement.

marjen

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
I also ordered the Orion by Incipio. Also ordered a screen protector, hoping this combination keeps my phone safe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.