PDA

View Full Version : some vaja cases available now...

r6girl
Jul 1, 2007, 03:14 PM
vaja now has some vertical and horizontal pouch cases available for the iphone - see them here (http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html) (go to the smartphones section). i think i'll hold off to see if they put out any i-volution cases before i buy anything from them, but if you're looking for a high-quality pouch case, vaja is the place to get one.

FeralCat
Jul 1, 2007, 06:47 PM
vaja now has some vertical and horizontal pouch cases available for the iphone - see them here (http://www.vajacases.com/home/home_en.html) (go to the smartphones section). i think i'll hold off to see if they put out any i-volution cases before i buy anything from them, but if you're looking for a high-quality pouch case, vaja is the place to get one.

Site is in flash and can't be viewed on an iPhone, so I can't see them. Oh, well.

CJK
Jul 1, 2007, 09:46 PM
if you're looking for a high-quality pouch case, vaja is the place to get one.

Vaja makes the world's greatest cases, IMNSHO. I have one for my iPod which is fabulous, and I loved the one I had for my original Compaq iPAQ.

I'll be ordering mine soon -- currently, I'm satisfied with my inCase folio-style case. I'd like one of their i-volution cases as well.

poppe
Jul 1, 2007, 10:31 PM
Liked them so much until I saw the prices.

450 for a 17 MBP leather briefcase thing....

60 for a holster... wow....

JonboyDC
Jul 3, 2007, 06:29 AM
I've always loved Vaja, but those initial cases are pretty disappointing -- One of the things I've always loved about their cases for the iPod is that they were attractive, protective, and kept every part of the iPod usable. These are just a reasonably attractive way to wear the iPhone on your belt. I want something that would offer protection for when I'm holding my phone in my hand and drop it.

r6girl
Jul 4, 2007, 01:21 PM
Vaja makes the world's greatest cases, IMNSHO. I have one for my iPod which is fabulous, and I loved the one I had for my original Compaq iPAQ.

I'll be ordering mine soon -- currently, I'm satisfied with my inCase folio-style case. I'd like one of their i-volution cases as well.

i agree completely - i get a vaja case for almost every one of my new gadgets. i just placed an order for the retro pouch. i really like the feel of the iphone and think i'll just get a screen protector for it and use the pouch when i carry it around (i ordered it with the rivet clip system). though i must say i might also get an i-volution case when they are released. one can never have too many cases. :D

Liked them so much until I saw the prices.

450 for a 17 MBP leather briefcase thing....

60 for a holster... wow....

you get what you pay for! they are really nice cases and worth the money, imho.

I've always loved Vaja, but those initial cases are pretty disappointing -- One of the things I've always loved about their cases for the iPod is that they were attractive, protective, and kept every part of the iPod usable. These are just a reasonably attractive way to wear the iPhone on your belt. I want something that would offer protection for when I'm holding my phone in my hand and drop it.

along with many other 3rd party accessory-makers, vaja most likely didn't have a dummy iphone to work with before the release, so they couldn't make a form-fitting case for it. the form-fitting cases i've had from them before (ipod, treo 600, sony clie nx70v) all had their cut-outs perfectly placed. i doubt they wanted to guess at this and they are probably working from an actual iphone now to design other cases. i would think they'll have some out in the next month or so...

poppe
Jul 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
you get what you pay for! they are really nice cases and worth the money, imho.

Oh I totally agree with you and understand that... I just can't not a afford these cases especially the one I wanted, which was not for the iPhone but for the MBP...

r6girl
Jul 4, 2007, 03:40 PM
Oh I totally agree with you and understand that... I just can't not a afford these cases especially the one I wanted, which was not for the iPhone but for the MBP...

yeah, their computer cases are sweet, but they are definitely out of the price range i would want to be in for computer case. i keep checking ebay hoping that somehow one of their messenger bags makes it there and i can get a deal on it.

i did give in today and ordered a pouch case, though - the retro case in black aniline with an orange stripe, and the rivet clip system. this will be useful to carry it around at work since i definitely won't be leaving it on my desk when i need to get up and about...

aricher
Jul 5, 2007, 09:37 AM
i did give in today and ordered a pouch case, though - the retro case in black aniline with an orange stripe, and the rivet clip system. this will be useful to carry it around at work since i definitely won't be leaving it on my desk when i need to get up and about...

Why the aniline leather vs. the vitelino leather if you don't mind me asking?

r6girl
Jul 5, 2007, 12:49 PM
Why the aniline leather vs. the vitelino leather if you don't mind me asking?

i had a case before in aniline and i prefer the smooth leather over grained leather - think it looks sharper in general and wears better...

tasslehawf
Jul 6, 2007, 07:57 PM
I can't wait to see the cases they come up with now that they can get their hands on the real thing.

grandrapidsusa
Jul 15, 2007, 05:38 AM
I had a couple Vaja cases for my iPod and my Compaq and really liked them. Only thing is that they are just a little bulky since they have that plastic core. I then discovered a really stunning line of cases from an Italian artisan called Orbino. Their cases are all done in premium leathers and are hand stitched for a perfect fit. I purchased their Cambio case and just ordered the new Strada Case for the iPhone (http://www.orbino.com) in cordovan leather. I can't wait to receive it.

Sobe
Jul 15, 2007, 06:12 AM
I had a couple Vaja cases for my iPod and my Compaq and really liked them. Only thing is that they are just a little bulky since they have that plastic core. I then discovered a really stunning line of cases from an Italian artisan called Orbino. Their cases are all done in premium leathers and are hand stitched for a perfect fit. I purchased their Cambio case and just ordered the new Strada Case for the iPhone (http://www.orbino.com) in cordovan leather. I can't wait to receive it.

Agreed. Mine is on order too.
Very excited.

btw the clip on the Strada can now be used for horizontal or veritcal carry positions.

MyJelleo
Jul 15, 2007, 08:15 AM
I looked over the products that they have available, and I'm not that impressed; the designs don't impress me at all. I'm a bigger fan of the case-mates: http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple

They look to provide better overall protection for a cheaper price. The Vaja seems to leave a lot of the iphone naked; especially the parts that scratch the easiest. You might as well just not have a case.

AJsAWiz
Jul 15, 2007, 04:43 PM
I looked over the products that they have available, and I'm not that impressed; the designs don't impress me at all. I'm a bigger fan of the case-mates: http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple

They look to provide better overall protection for a cheaper price. The Vaja seems to leave a lot of the iphone naked; especially the parts that scratch the easiest. You might as well just not have a case.

I tend to agree. After looking at a lot of iPhone cases, purchasing and returning . . . I found that Case Mate seems to have the best looking cases while providing more protection than some others I've considered.