Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asaad

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
I had an older nokia phone no bluetooth no infrared so i had no idea how to get my contacts from my nokia to my iphone. I took it to att and they took my contacts and put them onto a usb flashdrive, i came home expecting id be able to just put the contacts into my address book and export them onto my iphone through itunes. Well i cant even find a program to open the file, the ext on it is .pbb ive tried on both an apple and a pc. Ive got way too many contacts to do by hand, does any have any help for me? thanks.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
i had to put all my contacts 1 by 1..! att said the sim is not able to copy from ur old sim!

matthutch

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Perth, Western Australia
I had an older nokia phone no bluetooth no infrared so i had no idea how to get my contacts from my nokia to my iphone. I took it to att and they took my contacts and put them onto a usb flashdrive, i came home expecting id be able to just put the contacts into my address book and export them onto my iphone through itunes. Well i cant even find a program to open the file, the ext on it is .pbb ive tried on both an apple and a pc. Ive got way too many contacts to do by hand, does any have any help for me? thanks.

maybe if you take it back to AT&T and they might be able to copy the contacts from your sim to a newer nokia phone then to a comp via bluetooth so you can add them to address book.

or if you find a friend with a newer nokia and have them send them from the phone to a comp/memory card in a format that your comp can read

asaad

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
maybe if you take it back to AT&T and they might be able to copy the contacts from your sim to a newer nokia phone then to a comp via bluetooth so you can add them to address book.

or if you find a friend with a newer nokia and have them send them from the phone to a comp/memory card in a format that your comp can read
yeah we tried the bluetooth thing, ill try the other way thanks.

appleii2mac

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007

Have you tried opening the file in a text editor? If so, what does it look like? Total gibberish, or can you see actual fields with data?

ciscokidd

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Kansas City, MO
i was able to transfer all my numbers into outlook for easy transfering... took a matter of seconds and boom all my contacts now on the iPhone :)

now i need to go in and edit them with some additional information that will make using the iPhone easier

darabbadiee

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
To get .PBB content moved to your outlook first download UME-36 Content Manager from the Cellebrite web site. This allow you to move the content outlook. But, be advised that there is even a bigger problem as iTune 7.3 and Outlook 2007 crash with each other ... I have been so far able to bring over my contact but not my calndare appointments. good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.