Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swordsmen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
:confused:

First of all this is my first post and ive been snooping on these boards for a couple of weeks. waited in line in austin tx to recieve the most AMAZING GADGET EVER!! I love this phone I have a ps3 and a psp and this gadget gave me the:eek: :eek: :eek: face more than any other gadget. Everything is perfect but....

Im now having problems sliding the unlock slide in the main screen or sliding to answer the phone!!!! I freaking out this SUCKS!! I thought it was the clear film to protect the screen and it isnt, I try to slide with my photos in the same area and it works perfect??? anyone having the same issue can anyone please help??:(

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
So what happens when you try to unlock it? Do you see the little slider actually slide? And does it make it all the way to the right side?

brasscat

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Dallas, Texas
I've noticed some people trying to use their nails to "press" the screen. This doesn't fly; The iPhone works off the magnetic fields off your hands. So try making sure you're pressing the screen with the fleshy part of your fingers, not the nails.

If you are then you may be one of the unlucky ones that has a bio-incompatibility with the phone. A morning show personality on Today (I forget her name) had this problem on air... and earlier today when I was showing my grandmother the phone her fingers weren't working with the screen either. It was the weirdest thing --- the phone responds to my lightest touch, but her fingers registered very poorly. I'm guessing Apple can fix this issue by dialing up the sensitivity if the issue becomes a bigger problem.

swordsmen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
no fingernail and its not my skin because my roomate cant get it either?? It wont even slide ahhhh It was working perfect b4.:( :( . I guess I have to call tomorrow???:mad:
Thanks for the help guys I just love this thing and I have a feeling im gona have to send it for some sort of repair!

eddietr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2006
Virginia
You might try restoring the software from iTunes. You can resync it right afterwards, so you won't lose any of your content. It might be worth a shot since you can do it right now.

swordsmen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Fixed! all I needed to do is reset it.... Im still going to call and let them know, damb I was freaking out. I just cant see my life without this beautiful gadget hahahahah This phone rocks best 600$ i have ever spent:) :D :apple: :apple:

arronsb

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Beverly Hills, CA
Unlocking problems

Im having the same issues. I think when the battery gets low, the phone starts to wig out cuz when fully charged it seems alot smoother although I just tried to unlock it after charging all nite and same thing. Also, safari and google maps is crashing on me.... WHENS THE NEW UPDATE COMING OUT?!?!

brasscat

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Im having the same issues. I think when the battery gets low, the phone starts to wig out cuz when fully charged it seems alot smoother although I just tried to unlock it after charging all nite and same thing. Also, safari and google maps is crashing on me.... WHENS THE NEW UPDATE COMING OUT?!?!

A lot of people are reporting Safari crashing (including me). Seems like when Safari crashes it sometimes affects other apps running on the phone - so you may need to do a hard reset to restore everything.

arronsb

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2007
Beverly Hills, CA
A lot of people are reporting Safari crashing (including me). Seems like when Safari crashes it sometimes affects other apps running on the phone - so you may need to do a hard reset to restore everything.

Tried the reset button... the slider worked fine... checking safari now but even if it does work temporarily, having to reset all the time is a bitch!

shirlsworld7

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2007
Me to ;(

I'm having the same problem with the slide to unloack. Can someone walk me through the reset or restore process? Thank you:apple:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I'm having the same problem with the slide to unloack. Can someone walk me through the reset or restore process? Thank you:apple:
To reset the phone, hold both the power button on the top and the menu button on the phone for as long as it takes for the screen to go black and start rebooting. (Don't let go of the buttons when you see the "slide to power off" screen -- keep holding them).

To restore the phone, plug the phone into your computer, and in iTunes, click on your phone (under Devices) and then click the Restore button.

If neither helps, your screen may have died. Call 1-800-MY-IPHONE and they should be able to get your phone repaired/replaced for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.