Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I saw that awhile ago... the best part is the narrator... if you don't listen to what he's actually saying, you'd think it was the real vocal track to the promo... just brilliant!

And it pretty much echoes what I thought when I first saw the Surface... "a friggin TABLE?"

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
My take on Surface:

521903348_50dc368b47_o.jpg

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
Pfft. You have to lean over the stupid thing. No one will be able to work on that for prolonged periods. Back pain anyone? I can see this working as a big touch screen sitting up like a monitor, but not a table.

Anyway, funny clip. It is a big ass table.

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
This is what I can't stand...The iphone costs $600 and people are going wild over how expensive that is...Microsoft comes out with a table, that doesn't even seem to be that productive, for $10000 and nobody says anything.

If microsoft (god forbid) made the iphone, the windows fanboys would be raving over the new great product, like they are about the surface.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
This is what I can't stand...The iphone costs $600 and people are going wild over how expensive that is...Microsoft comes out with a table, that doesn't even seem to be that productive, for $10000 and nobody says anything.

If microsoft (god forbid) made the iphone, the windows fanboys would be raving over the new great product, like they are about the surface.

Because Microsoft is selling the Surface to big businesses only. Thus, nobody cares to complain; they're not paying the money.

Nobody'll complain about the price until Microsoft starts selling it to the average joe.

Pfft. You have to lean over the stupid thing. No one will be able to work on that for prolonged periods. Back pain anyone? I can see this working as a big touch screen sitting up like a monitor, but not a table.

Wow, have you ever read anything about the Surface? It's not designed for productivity. It's more of a demo station for retail stores or restaurants or bars or hotels.

It is, really, a toy. A very cool toy that businesses will use to attract customers.

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
HA! That made my day... I loved that short little one with the blue screen too. The Msft table... what?!?!? Why do businesses need a big expensive table to show off? And a bar will not get one... just wait until that drink gets spilled...

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
HA! That made my day... I loved that short little one with the blue screen too. The Msft table... what?!?!? Why do businesses need a big expensive table to show off? And a bar will not get one... just wait until that drink gets spilled...

Um, the table is designed to handle spills. In fact, it's designed with restaurants in mind--cups can contain small chips which the table will recognize. Seems kind of pointless, but there you go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.