PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Announces RadioSHARK...:D

mrl14
Jul 16, 2003, 10:56 AM
RadioSHARK allows you to record an FM or AM stream to your mac...check out the news article here

http://www.andpop.com/article/2567

MacManDan
Jul 16, 2003, 11:23 AM
This seems neat, and I could think of a bunch of reasons for wanting one ... but you could obtain a similar result by just connecting a radio to the line-in on your mac (if your mac has one). Buying a $5 male-male 1/8" audio cable seems more affordable to me :) For those without the line-in .. there's always the iMic. I think even that's $15 cheaper than what they're advertising. I wonder how well this would sell?

Eniregnat
Jul 16, 2003, 12:41 PM
D-link offered a similar device some years ago.
I contacted them about it's Mac compatibility, or lack there of.
The first email said that they were working on it.
A year later I received an e-mail stating that the D-link USB radio was not going to available for the Mac. I am glad to see that somebody is filling the need for this kind of product.

MoparShaha
Jul 16, 2003, 01:16 PM
Awesome, I love listening to the radio, and have been wanting a low-cost alternative to one of those TV tuner/FM radio bundles that go for $150. Don't need the TV reception.

Eniregnat
Jul 16, 2003, 01:52 PM
It looks like one of the great advantages of this is that it could become part of a script. It would be complicated, but possible to record your favorite radio shows and then have them synced to your iPod. It will also work with a media remote. The 5-dollar line in is good (it's what I use at home), but I think that this is a better more versatile solution. If somebody comes up with a SW,FM,AM multi band receiver I would definitely look at purchasing it.