PDA

View Full Version : Incase sleve + leather case (i.e. D-Lo hipcase)

nickpro
Jul 2, 2007, 12:32 PM
i was wondering if its possible to use a leather hipcase (like the D-Lo) WITH a plastic sleve (like the incase)? is anyone here using this combo? does the phone even fit in the leather case with the plastic sleve? thanks.

Zandian
Jul 27, 2007, 02:54 PM
It's a real tight fit, and the Incase being so tacky (sticky), it is hard to get out. The DLO loosens up over time and it is easier to get out, but the seams ripped in 3 weeks and basically it was ruined as a result. I'd like to find a nice thin case to add tackiness to the phone so it doesn't slip so easily, yet have the ability to throw it in the DLO horizontal case when not using it.

I'm considering the Best Skins Ever for this purpose to try to get the best of both worlds--small phone when using it, but able to carry in a case.

Zandian

Jul 27, 2007, 03:10 PM
Why even bother, just use one or the other. The iPhone is very resilient against scratches and stuff to the incase isn't necessary, I keep mine in a iPod sock most of the time and that works great, I have no scratches or scuffs on it at all, not even the chrome.

I think you should watch this if you get the chance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCCavcnNd8

iPhoneGuy2007
Jul 28, 2007, 12:42 AM
had used an incase fitted leather sleeve ... for about 2 weeks ... until yesterday ... as i realized that it was leaving some small scratches on the chrome bezel ...