Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
Actually, it's only first-person if you want it to be. If you want, hit the button, and it goes third-person :rolleyes: Again, it's only real-time if you want it to be - go into the VATS thing and it becomes a more turn-based RPG (similar to how FFXIII appears to be). From the review I've just read in PCGamer, it appears to be very un-Bethesda (which is good, as I can't stand their games:eek:)

Motley

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2005
Without having looked anywhere (I'm at work right now and don't want to be clicking on any gaming sites), will this also be released on the Mac...like the first 2 Fallouts were? Or the PS3, at the very least?

Wouldn't hold my breath for the mac version.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
^^Well Obilvion can be 3rd person too. Cept it's basically unplayable, and I hope Fallout 3 isn't like that.

According to Bethesda Fallout 3 is completely playable in both 3rd and 1st person views, and if you play the game "like a FPS" (i.e. run n' gun) you won't get the most out of the game as it's geared to reward those that play it like an RPG.

Here is a link to an interview w/the Fallout 3 Lead Producer over at Gametrailers.com.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.