PDA

View Full Version : I cracked my iBook. :(

leekohler
Jul 3, 2007, 10:19 AM
OK, those of you who've known me for a while know how much abuse my iBook takes, given that it goes everywhere with me, everyday. It's been dropped, bumped, attacked by my cat and just about everything else with no problems whatsoever for three years. Well, this morning the strap on my laptop bag broke and down went my iBook onto the sidewalk. It landed in a corner too. I didn't think much of it, but then thought I should take a look once I got on the bus. Sure enough, the corner cracked. Here's a pic. I know it's not that serious, but still I'm bummed. :( I would like to replace that part of the iBook. The assemblies are pretty cheap. Anybody have experience with replacing them?

P.S. I know I'm being a total baby, but can't help it.

Mindcrime13
Jul 3, 2007, 10:50 AM
don't worry about it, think that at least you have it still, there ppl in the world that haven't even been close to a computer, and would kill for that one even when its a bit craked, so be happy with it!:)

nbs2
Jul 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
That stinks.

I don't have any advice on the replacement - but it looks like the crack doesn't extend all the way through the assemby. If you can get ahold of some clear nail polish, I'd suggest painting it over to keep the crack from spreading. It works with glass, I'm sure it'll work with plastic.

Good luck with your baby.

leekohler
Jul 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
I know- I'm being a baby. But I probably will replace that part if it's not too much of a problem. They're cheap on Ebay.

zioxide
Jul 3, 2007, 11:08 AM
I've never replaced one but I took that part off when I put a new hard drive in mine. It's not difficult to take off.

leekohler
Jul 3, 2007, 11:47 AM
I've never replaced one but I took that part off when I put a new hard drive in mine. It's not difficult to take off.

Cool! Do I have to take the whole thing apart, or is it easier than that?