Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
I've been watching the price closely for the last week with all of the anticipation surrounding the iPhone, and just sold my whopping 4 shares for a tidy profit. :D

The stock is up +5.91 as I write this.

Now I just need to keep the money in my savings account until the stock price comes back down.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
4 shares, eh? Quite the lucrative business type. :)

I wouldn't mind buying 1 share, just so I can say that I am a partial investor in Apple.

Off topic, but my (lack of) stock buying sucks- I wanted to buy Apple a few years ago when it was about $20. D'oh! I also wanted to by FSLR (a solar company) in January when it was like $20, now it's at almost $100. :(

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
I use ShareBuilder myself, but i'm not too knowledgable about these things.

It just dawned on me that I made enough from my stock sale to buy an iPhone...

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
I sold mine, too. I was thinking AAPL was due for a major correction before the iPhone, so now it's definitely overdue. Made about $130 I think.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
:eek:

Saw that too. Oh well, I still made 27% profit. Now if it goes over 140, I'll be pissed. :mad: It won't really matter though, since I've got an automatic investment plan, so on the same day that I sold stock, I also bought more stock that is now up +5.58 :)

Mac4Brains

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2005
Apple stock

Now that Apple stock has gotten over $100, is it going to split soon?

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
There has been a lot of seemingly irrational exuberance lately concerning Apple's stock. However, the Value Line report is quite optimistic about Apple's business prospects over the next several years. I'm holding on to my shares, though I wouldn't buy any more at this price. If the thing drops back down a few dollars per share, I will consider adding to my holdings.

And really, besides Value Line reports, there's another good way to gauge whether or not to hold Apple stock -- and that's if one still gets salubrious and giddy over the prospect of another purchase from Apple (sorry for stating the obvious).

CalPoly10

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2006
I bought the stuff back at $40/share (once it split). I'm doing quite well (bought 50 shares), but I don't see it going down anytime soon.

We have new Aluminum iMacs coming, iLife '07, Tiger, new iPods, then MacWorld...

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Off topic, but my (lack of) stock buying sucks- I wanted to buy Apple a few years ago when it was about $20. D'oh! I also wanted to by FSLR (a solar company) in January when it was like $20, now it's at almost $100. :(

Me too...I kept "oh I'll get around to it" and here I am years later still without any Apple stock. Oh well...maybe one of these days...

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn't mind buying 1 share, just so I can say that I am a partial investor in Apple.

I did that. I bought 1 share, and have a framed stock certificate.

They send me a proxy every year to come to campus for the shareholders meeting. I would feel silly going to that as I just bought the 1 share for the certificate and to say I am an investor in a company I love, but it would be a nice excuse to go :D

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
I sold my 300 shares earlier this week, made about eight thousand... Just bought 300 shares back since Apple's having their quarterly earnings this coming Tuesday and I expect really good things.

Now for the Federal Chief to stop scaring the market....

~Crawn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.