PDA

View Full Version : PS3 region free for movie?

bozigle
Jul 4, 2007, 04:00 AM
Is anyone aware of a way to play bluray movies from any region yet.
PS2 had these dvd to choose the zone and regular dvd have for most of them the "code" to enter but what about the ps3. Is there already a way to do so for the bluray??
I'm posponing a ps3 buy, but if that was available i guess i would go and buy one right away

asxtb
Jul 4, 2007, 08:13 AM
Don't know the answer to your question but... you do know they changed the regions for Bluray? I don't know what regions you are looking for though. For me America and Japan are now the same region! :D

e˛Studios
Jul 4, 2007, 08:59 AM
PS2 Games, Blu Ray Movies, and DVD Movies are still regionalized.

Games are region free with no lock.

Here are the Blu Ray Movie Regions http://www.blu-raydisc.com/Section-13470/Section-14003/Section-14006/Index.html

Ed

asxtb
Jul 4, 2007, 09:17 AM
PS2 Games, Blu Ray Movies, and DVD Movies are still regionalized.

Games are region free with no lock.

Here are the Blu Ray Movie Regions http://www.blu-raydisc.com/Section-13470/Section-14003/Section-14006/Index.html

Ed
Don't know if this was in response to me but, I was just saying that BluRay and DVD regions are different. US DVDs are region 1 while Japan DVDs are region 2, however with BluRay the US and Japan are now in the same region, region A.

MacRumorUser
Jul 4, 2007, 10:17 AM
Remeber a good amount of BluRay movies are region free. Nearly all from Paramount are region free and a good share from Warner Bros & Universal are also.

I've bought a lot of european BluRay movies that are region free and hence play perfectly on my import PS3. Pirates of the Carribean being the last I bought....

bozigle
Jul 5, 2007, 02:25 AM
Yop i was talking about the bluray movies capabilities.
The thing is in Europe we have about 80 BD movie available to these days and as the games are region free i'm seriously considering a PS3 US rather than a EU one.
But of course that would also mean that when walking in store... i just couldn't buy anything, unless of course those are region free (WB and Universal) or there would be a way (special BD or code) that would allows the PS3 to play any regions like it did for the PS2 and the Dvds.

MacRumorUser
Jul 5, 2007, 03:00 AM
I'm sure eventually someone will crack the region check and release a boot disk or such. That's one thing HD-DVD got right - no region

bozigle
Jul 5, 2007, 03:25 AM
I'm sure eventually someone will crack the region check and release a boot disk or such. That's one thing HD-DVD got right - no region

eventualy... sniff sniff

an other thing HD-DVD got right is NOT using MPEG-2 for their encoding