Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
When will ATI release an All0in Wonder for the MAC

i currently have it on my PC.. but i cant ditch my pc complelely until i can do everything on the mac..

also i have the ati remote wonder will it work in OSX.. its usb?

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
As far as I know, ATI has not and does not release All In Wonder versions of its video cards for mac...I'm curious though, which faetures do you need in the all in wonder card on your PC that you can't do with a mac using one of ATI's currently released cards?

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
They've got a USB capture device, as does El Gato with their EyeTV. Formac has a similar FW device. But I've heard they aren't that great, and expensive for what they do.

Here's what I want - Televio. It's a PCI card. The German company that makes it just released a new driver and software that's supposed to work pretty well. Do a search for reviews, all pretty postive. XLR8YourMac just posted something about it as well.

There are other PCI solutions, most of them not so good. And they seem to have OS X drivers only with hacked software. ATI and Formac included.

There was a rumor that ATI would be releasing an AIW card, but I guess not.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
They haven't had anything like that since the XClaim VR 128, which was the AIW 128 with an external tv tuner.

I doubt that they're interested in doing it again. Formac has the Studio TVR for watching and recording tv and converting analog to digital over FireWire.

The Remote Wonder was announced recently for compatbility with Mac OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.