Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Not me...they will not fool me again like they did last time....got all excited and bought the game in the tin can and almost throwed it in the trash can after playing single player.

I'll just pop in the store and get it.

Bless

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Well I'm willing to bet the Single Player is gonna blow just like Halo 2 did, but multi player Halo 2 was good times and worth the cash I spent on it so I'll buy Halo 3 for the same.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Not me.
I'll wait for some reviews first. I have zero interest in playing Halo 3 online (same as 2, no mouse) so I'm all for the single player.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
I'm definitely gettin' it but I'm not in a hurry. They'll have plenty. I'm waiting to see who has the best preorder deal.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
I'm definitely gettin' it but I'm not in a hurry. They'll have plenty. I'm waiting to see who has the best preorder deal.

I think at Circut City you can get a 4 foot wall sticker thingy of Master Chief with a pre-order. I am considering that. Who wouldn't want to hang out with Master Chief all day?

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
I rather hang out with Master Chief's head than a 4-foot wall graphic. :cool:

You know, it's odd... All of my 360 games have been collector's/limited edition games. Splinter Cell. Rainbow Six. Gears of War. Prey (not that good a game). Viva Piñata :)D). I got all of these through eBay or deals in store, so I didn't actually ever splurge on any of these games.

But, I feel like I have to keep this streak going and get either the Legendary or Limited edition! :eek: The only difference between Legendary and Limited is the Spartan helmet and special box, right?

I actually enjoy the Halo story, so I hope 3 will be a vast improvement over 2. The little bit of the beta I played seemed to go smoothly, so I do look forward to the multiplayer.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
I think at Circut City you can get a 4 foot wall sticker thingy of Master Chief with a pre-order. I am considering that. Who wouldn't want to hang out with Master Chief all day?

Eh, It would be nice to have, but I think there are going to be some better ones coming soon.

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
I was excited for this game, especially multiplayer.. but after playing the beta, I'm not so hyped anymore. I just couldn't get into it.

I thought maybe because I've gotten so used to games like Ghost Recon, I just wasn't used to the faster gameplay anymore. *shrugs*

I may still get it for single player though.. we'll see.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
There's a copy on pre order for this household. It was pre ordered over 3 months ago I think when it came with a free helmet...not free, but for $100 you got model helmet and **** like that.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
im sorry

but i have never heard of a game called halo? i know was an xbox is..its the black box that has a green xbox logo..i have one of those made by apple..but what is halo?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I suppose I'm too much of an FPS fan to bother playing simplified, auto-aiming versions when there's a mouse. I normally go for the best experience so that's probably why I shun console FPS.

Honest to god I cannot wait to see 360 owners get their arses handed to them on a plate when HL2 comes out. That's if you can play against PC players. Even the PC newbies would get some cannon fodder :D

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
I suppose I'm too much of an FPS fan to bother playing simplified, auto-aiming versions when there's a mouse. I normally go for the best experience so that's probably why I shun console FPS.

Honest to god I cannot wait to see 360 owners get their arses handed to them on a plate when HL2 comes out. That's if you can play against PC players. Even the PC newbies would get some cannon fodder :D

You're such a game snob.

Not to mention totally hardcore :rolleyes:

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
The Orange Box won't have Xbox/PS3/PC network compatibility. Valve has it in their development versions, but they said it's not worth the trouble to keep it in the game.

The only fair PC FPS vs. console FPS test right now is Shadowrun on the 360 and PC.

And with that, we throw the original Halo 3 topic out the window...

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
While I will be getting this game the day it comes out, I probably won't pre-order. With Halo 2, I pre-ordered at GameStop in my local mall. At midnight they only let in like 3 people at a time and it took FOR-EVER!!. I think i was there until like 2am and I wasn't that far in line, maybe 30th. They were just being really slow and some of the people were actually shopping around or playing the demo instead of buying so we had to wait. While in line, the FYE right next door opened and kept calling out that they have plenty of copies and had no lines. I could have been out of there an hour and a half earlier, but I had already given money to GameStop.

I have no doubt there were be plenty of copies of this game in my area. I could always go to Kmart, they never sell out of stuff games :).

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
The only fair PC FPS vs. console FPS test right now is Shadowrun on the 360 and PC.

I'd read that in Shadowrun there was PC vs 360 but I haven't heard anything about how that's actually going. Any info or experience?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.