Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
I got a MacOS X Network and I just recently installed AirPort in an iMac DV and a G4, and when I go to the 'Connect to server...' dialog, I now see two items of each in the local network. When I completely turn off FileSharing, one item still remains in the menu. I tried to change the network name, and now I have one item with the old an one with the new name. It looks like the old ethernet connection is still up besides the Airport, but it is plugged out! Any clue what's going on? All my software is up-to-date, and besides FCP, nothing's on the G4!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Are you sure the old one isn't a favourite? Have you just tried deleting the old one?

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Nope, it's not a favorite, it appears when I click on the Local Network option, so it actually searches the network for available computers... on of those G4s/iMacs has the valid IP, the other one(s) have the old IPs that are not used anymore, and when I try to connect to those, no connection can be established.

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Well, I reinstalled MacOS X, now it's allright... that was the only thing I could do! But if anyone knows what the problem could be, please post it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.