PDA

View Full Version : Incipio Orion Case - Anyone Have It?

Christopher387A
Jul 5, 2007, 12:34 AM
Did anyone buy the Incipio Orion case? I'm looking for some actual pictures and/or reviews on it before I go out and buy it (actually drive 2 hours to the Apple store to buy it:o ). I bought the Belkin Acrylic case but am thinking about getting rid of it because I don't like the fact I can't fit it in the dock.

jshbckr
Jul 5, 2007, 12:35 PM
Mine is supposed to be delivered today. I'm at work, but if my friend (who also ordered one) is able to bring it up here, I'll be sure to tell you what it's like.

jshbckr
Jul 5, 2007, 03:33 PM
Here are some pictures I took quick after my friend brought our cases up to my work. Right now, it seems like it does exactly what it needs to. It's a pretty slim, tough leather slip. It's fairly rigid, but still soft enough to form around the iPhone.

In one of the pictures, you can see it sort of pops out on the front and back, but I'm pretty sure after a little bit of time being in my pocket, it'll all form to the iPhone.

The interior is a really soft microfiber lining. However, there was an Incipio tag sewn into one edge (I removed it, for fear of it being abrasive.) Also, notice the "pull tab" to remove the iPhone. This is fixed into the case, and is attached to a ribbon that runs to the bottom of the case and is sewn partway up the front. This sort of worries me, as the ribbon is not smooth like the microfiber, and the place it is sewn ends up being almost right in the middle of the glass screen.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, I'm sure we've all seen the "key scratch" test videos.

For $20, it seems well made and it is exactly the type of product I was looking. I'm pretty happy with it.

woodbutcher
Jul 5, 2007, 04:21 PM
2 questions

1) does it have a belt clip? i have yet to see a pic of the back of the case

2) where did you get it?

jshbckr
Jul 5, 2007, 04:50 PM
1) No belt clip, the back looks exactly like the front, just without the Incipio logo. Personally, I'm glad it doesn't have a belt clip. I just wanted something to slip into my pocket without that added bulk.

2) Ordered it online from their site.

woodbutcher
Jul 5, 2007, 05:16 PM
1) No belt clip, the back looks exactly like the front, just without the Incipio logo. Personally, I'm glad it doesn't have a belt clip. I just wanted something to slip into my pocket without that added bulk.

2) Ordered it online from their site.

thanks, it looks nice, are there any cut outs on the bottom , to help the sound come out? or because it is in your pocket, you can feel the vibrate mode?

jshbckr
Jul 5, 2007, 07:36 PM
thanks, it looks nice, are there any cut outs on the bottom , to help the sound come out? or because it is in your pocket, you can feel the vibrate mode?

There aren't any holes on the bottom for sound but I suppose you could always put the iPhone in upside down so the speaker is at the opening. I haven't had any problem with it ringing so far, I guess I'm just accustomed to the vibration.

mashinhead
Jul 5, 2007, 08:08 PM
Did anyone buy the Incipio Orion case? I'm looking for some actual pictures and/or reviews on it before I go out and buy it (actually drive 2 hours to the Apple store to buy it:o ).

do they sell this case at the apple store, i didn't see one there

woodbutcher
Jul 5, 2007, 09:56 PM
I just came from the apple store, none of these cases there, also out of stock of those belkin headphone adapters

tasslehawf
Jul 6, 2007, 07:53 PM
I bought two of these for my gf and I (lime green and black, respectively). I pre-ordered the case I wanted from Sensa Cases and realized it wasn't coming until august). I seems like the perfect hold over for a couple weeks. Nice case. I got mine from Amazon.com and they only cost me $10 each!

Christopher387A
Jul 8, 2007, 03:30 PM
Ok thanks guys. That case looks like just what I'm looking for. You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the green one would you? :D

marjen
Jul 9, 2007, 06:19 PM
I just got mine today and am real worried about it. It has a really hard leather rectangle sewn into the insdie bottom, I really think it is going to scratch the hell out of the lower bezel and screen, I may actually return it. It is really strange that the inside is not smooth. Also the inside is not as soft as I was expecting. I don't know about this one.

tasslehawf
Jul 10, 2007, 11:13 PM
I just got mine today and am real worried about it. It has a really hard leather rectangle sewn into the insdie bottom, I really think it is going to scratch the hell out of the lower bezel and screen, I may actually return it. It is really strange that the inside is not smooth. Also the inside is not as soft as I was expecting. I don't know about this one.

I have had mine a week now; no complaints. The leather rectangle does feel a bit rough, but has only succeeded in leaving a smudge mark on the screen if the screen is already dirty.

Sobe
Jul 11, 2007, 12:24 PM
I have had mine a week now; no complaints. The leather rectangle does feel a bit rough, but has only succeeded in leaving a smudge mark on the screen if the screen is already dirty.

Just got mine today and it seems very cheap.

I could do without the pull tab as well.

It also seems a little tight for the phone. Maybe it'll stretch a little with use.

For the price and the quality and what you get, I would not recommend this case.

It's a temp case for me though, so it'll do for that purpose.

mashinhead
Jul 11, 2007, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Sobe;3905079]Just got mine today and it seems very cheap.

/QUOTE]

Thought their promo photos did look good, that's the impression i got from the real user photos. So i stayed away. I just picked this (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=374799) up. I have to say it's nice, it has a small clip on the back which is the only thing i don't like. have to figure out how to take it off.

Sobe
Jul 11, 2007, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Sobe;3905079]Just got mine today and it seems very cheap.

/QUOTE]

Thought their promo photos did look good, that's the impression i got from the real user photos. So i stayed away. I just picked this (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=374799) up. I have to say it's nice, it has a small clip on the back which is the only thing i don't like. have to figure out how to take it off.

Yeah it's basically a cheap pleather/fake leather material with pretty rough stiching.

I'm considering sending it back...it really serves no purpose if I am constantly worried about putting my phone in it.

I just wanted something to stick my phone in until my real case comes:

http://www.orbino.com/store/product_thumb.php?img=images/8701_stradablack.jpg&w=360&h=238

Can't wait! :D

tasslehawf
Jul 11, 2007, 07:57 PM
Just got mine today and it seems very cheap.

I could do without the pull tab as well.

It also seems a little tight for the phone. Maybe it'll stretch a little with use.

For the price and the quality and what you get, I would not recommend this case.

It's a temp case for me though, so it'll do for that purpose.

How much did you pay for yours?? I got mine for $10 off of Amazon. For a leather case with screen protection $10 seems reasonable, no? (and yes its a temporary case for me as well until my sensa case comes).

Sobe
Jul 11, 2007, 09:30 PM
How much did you pay for yours?? I got mine for $10 off of Amazon. For a leather case with screen protection $10 seems reasonable, no? (and yes its a temporary case for me as well until my sensa case comes).

hmm more than that right off the incipio website...I'm thinking it was $20 but I forget.

It's not a horrible case or anything, but it's not something I'd recommend.

mcdj
Jul 12, 2007, 01:14 PM
I literally just received mine an hour ago. Here's the email I wrote to Incipio...

Hi,

I ordered an Orion case on Ebay and received it today.
It's a decent case in theory, but I'm not crazy about it.

The pull tab doesn't really go in to the correct spot if it has been pulled out...I have to manually push the tab into place. Sometimes it sticks out too far and sometimes gets stuck too far into the case. I've had to fuss with it every time I put the phone in.

The place where the strap is glued on the inside of the case has scratched my screen protector. :(

From a design standpoint, the embossed dots are totally crooked...they run on an incline instead of square to the case and logo.

I also had no idea the case was not leather. Your site does not mention the material. The material used smells pretty bad.

All in all, a nice effort, but unfortunately it misses the mark for me. I would like to return the case.

sebv
Jul 12, 2007, 09:03 PM
I bought the case and agree with some of the commets posted. Mainly the pullout strip being rough and basically not working. After a little surgery I managed to easily remove these elements on the inside. I personally dont dislike the case. Its as slim as they come, and stiff enough to protect the phone. On the other hand not being totally enthused about it I preordered this other case from Sena (http://www.senacases.com/) which seems to resolve the issues with the Incipio one (and its real leather). I will inform as soon as I receive it.

http://www.senacases.com/apple-cases/iphone-cases/UltraSlim-Pouch/4.jpg

SevrdSaint
Oct 16, 2008, 02:14 AM
i have a white 16gb, 3g.

DO NOT BUY THE INCIPIO ORION if you have a white iphone!
after about a week of use, there are light-brown "burn" marks on my phone, from sliding it in & out of the case.

i'm hoping there's some way to reverse this. any ideas, anyone...??
i've moved on to a griffin REFLECT case.

S.