PDA

View Full Version : 2 Headed iMac! From the Tekserve booth at MacWorld Expo.

MacBytes
Jul 17, 2003, 11:06 PM
Category: Photos
Link: 2 Headed iMac! From the Tekserve booth at MacWorld Expo. (http://www.macobserver.com/images/viewimage.shtml?src=/images/news/2003/20030717floorpicsjfb/images/dscn1391.jpg)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

MrMacMan
Jul 17, 2003, 11:39 PM
I was there, it was lame, they pasted it on with like glue.

I WOULD like to see the 'headless' iMac without a screen tho.

Waluigi
Jul 17, 2003, 11:39 PM
How did they do that? That not only took massive internal work, but also, it must have required them to customize the case to get that way cool 2 monitors.

--Waluigi

Backtothemac
Jul 17, 2003, 11:56 PM
OK, really friggin ugly. A true duel monitor iMac would be sweet as hell though. Just imagine how that would look!

Backtothemac
Jul 18, 2003, 12:21 AM
Something like this would be cool.

Backtothemac
Jul 18, 2003, 12:23 AM
Just quickly done. Forgot to add before

Jerry Spoon
Jul 18, 2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
I'd hate to see that box that would have to be packed in:D

Backtothemac
Jul 18, 2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Spoon
I'd hate to see that box that would have to be packed in:D LOL! It would cost as much to ship it. Unless they rotated around and faced each other. That would be sweet.

MrMacMan
Jul 18, 2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Waluigi
How did they do that? That not only took massive internal work, but also, it must have required them to customize the case to get that way cool 2 monitors.

--Waluigi

Read my lips:

The other screen didn't turn on, not wiring needed.

They just superglued it. :mad:

wdlove
Jul 18, 2003, 10:45 AM
The second LCD at the website looks a little sad! :p So by the glue proposals guess that it's a non functioning twin!

medea
Jul 18, 2003, 01:15 PM
The current iMac shell probably wouldn't be able to keep two monitors side by side balanced, they would have to add more wieght to it and it would just be a waste of time because I don't it would sell well.

bennetsaysargh
Jul 18, 2003, 02:01 PM
a 2 headed iMac would not sell at all. i couldnt even find the 2 headed mac because people were crowded around it. i'm glad i didn't waste my time to try and see it.

LimeiBook86
Jul 21, 2003, 04:13 AM
It was really crowded!!I took a video of the Mac Skee-Ball they had there, that I got to see, but it was indeed croweded... :rolleyes:

here is the link to the Mac Skee-Ball and other MacWorld Videos and Images: http://www.homepage.mac.com/ibook238/MWCP03.html :cool:

bennetsaysargh
Jul 21, 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
It was really crowded!!I took a video of the Mac Skee-Ball they had there, that I got to see, but it was indeed croweded... :rolleyes:

here is the link to the Mac Skee-Ball and other MacWorld Videos and Images: http://www.homepage.mac.com/ibook238/MWCP03.html :cool:

i did that! i tried 3 times to get a cd in, and on the third ime, they had no more prizes lewft except the troubleshooting guiides. i think i got like 2 of them:p

LimeiBook86
Jul 22, 2003, 04:30 PM
yeah, I only tried once, I got a troubleshootiong guide also, I didn't know they were giving out prizes what wer ethey?

bennetsaysargh
Jul 22, 2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
yeah, I only tried once, I got a troubleshootiong guide also, I didn't know they were giving out prizes what wer ethey?

i think it was credit for thier store or something.

LimeiBook86
Jul 22, 2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i think it was credit for thier store or something.

ha.....:rolleyes:

applemacdude
Jul 22, 2003, 10:02 PM
and thing don't look right at all....how much damn super glue did they use to support that heavy display? My guess: A lot

Capt Underpants
Jul 24, 2003, 03:03 PM
It would be cool if it actually worked, but anyone can glue something onto something else. Pretty lame in my opinion.

MacFan25
Jul 24, 2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Yes, it does look cool, but I don't think that it would sell well. The iMac is supposed to be more of a 'consumer' computer, and most consumers don't need two 17" displays.

It looks good though. :)