PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook 1.67 screen repair

FJ218700
Jul 5, 2007, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone,

My PowerBook 1.67 was having a screen issue (ever-present but mobile black spot about the size of a dime). I sent it back Apple and tracked the repair process. According to their repair status updates, within an hour of receiving the PB on Tuesday, is was on its way back to me. I should receive it late today or tomorrow.

Was just wondering if anyone else had this issue in the past and if Apple just replaced the screen. If so, was it new or refurbished, and how can you tell. Any odds that I've been upgraded to a MBP?

Thanks

Jestered
Jul 5, 2007, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone,

My PowerBook 1.67 was having a screen issue (ever-present but mobile black spot about the size of a dime). I sent it back Apple and tracked the repair process. According to their repair status updates, within an hour of receiving the PB on Tuesday, is was on its way back to me. I should receive it late today or tomorrow.

Was just wondering if anyone else had this issue in the past and if Apple just replaced the screen. If so, was it new or refurbished, and how can you tell. Any odds that I've been upgraded to a MBP?

Thanks

1. They probably just replaced the screen. They would have tested the other components and replaced anything else that was problematic. Don't be surprised if they replaced the display, logic board, etc...

2. They use either new or refurbished parts. The display is probably not refurbed, but...

3. Upgraded to a MBP... not a chance. If they have not contacted you about a replacement... no way.