Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
Anyone else getting this message constant? its been like that for at least 1 week before the iPhone launch and still like that after...uh

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Anyone else getting this message constant? its been like that for at least 1 week before the iPhone launch and still like that after...uh

I've gotten it a few times in the timeframe you noted, but I would describe its appearance as more incidental than constant. As you suggest, I'm sure interest in the iPhone is driving usage above and beyond the normal traffic. For people interested in the iPhone and searching for information about it, I'd have to think MacRumors is showing up high on the search results pages at Google, Yahoo!, etc.

iRachel

macrumors 6502a
I must be lucky, I haven't seen that message at all over the last couple weeks - I've had no trouble accessing the site. It's probably related, as others have suggested, to higher-than-normal site traffic because of the iPhone - hopefully things will settle down in the coming weeks.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
load should be reasonable, there may be an occasional spike.

if you remain logged in, your views are prioritized over guests. so if you've remained logged in over this time, you probably haven't noticed anything.

arn

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Almost every time I browse as a guest I get the time out errors. I appreciate that registered users get priority but just thought I'd mention that the servers don't seem to be keeping up quite as well as it seems. I browse as a guest at various times throughout the day so it doesn't even seem to be coinciding with the usual peak hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.