Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

David Pogue, of the New York Times, published an iPhone music video on the NYTimes.com sung to the tune "If I Had it My Way".

iphonemusical_300.png

Very well done and worth a watch.

Article Link

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I actually SAW Pogue doing part of this at the 5th Ave. NYC store (I remember him walking through the fountain), and I was like WTF?!?!

NOW I know what it was all about.
Whew, good to know.... I thought he was just crazy! Hahaha
:D

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Best part.. "I took a stand, Paid half a grand!" xD Some of the people in line really cant sing..

On another note, some guy wanted 8 grand for his spot in line....dream on dude.

Almost choked laughing hard to the video. Especially the part about AT&T

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Man, that guy who had a bald head looked like Phil Schiller with no hair (which is certainly an improvement over that mullet he used to sport).

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Best part.. "I took a stand, Paid half a grand!" xD Some of the people in line really cant sing..
I loved that line, too. Teehee. As for folks singing, come on.... I doubt most of us could sing half as well, given that they probably had to have "known" which song D. Pogue meant and it's not that easy being put on the spot.

Almost choked laughing hard to the video. Especially the part about AT&T
That line for me, is tied w/ that 1/2 a grand line. :D Definitely made me chuckle.

... I stopped at the "made-in-hell-phone".
That part did irk me a bit, but I'm a sucker for musicals... so I kept watching. :eek:

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Brilliant!

This is one of David Pogue's greatest works, truly brilliant! The out of tune singing brings this satire even more into the realm of reality. Great lyrics and wonderfully performed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.