PDA

View Full Version : Shure earphone/mic

angrygolfer
Jul 6, 2007, 09:58 AM
Has any used any of the Shure dual mic/earphones with their iPhone yet? If so how are they?

pavvento
Jul 6, 2007, 12:42 PM
i actually just picked them up from an att store a couple of minutes ago. I am satisfied with them. I keep the volume at about 4 bars and they are pretty loud. I have another pair of shure's that cost me 150 and the sound is similar although these are not as comfortable. I told the guy I wasnt going to buy them bc shure is coming out with an adapter in august but he said these have a 30day return policy so I figured why not.

YoMamasPyjamas
Jul 6, 2007, 01:05 PM
but dont you need an additional adapter with the ones you just got? or do they fit in the iphone a la the V-Moda Vibeo Duo's?

pavvento
Jul 6, 2007, 01:10 PM
but dont you need an additional adapter with the ones you just got? or do they fit in the iphone a la the V-Moda Vibeo Duo's?

They fit and have the voice piece for calls. It's Shure headphones but in an AT&T box. Model Shure 12c-m although when i went to cnet adn others they just gave reviews of the e12's and not these. They work well and does the whole lowering the song when you get a call etc.

Diode
Jul 6, 2007, 01:22 PM
They have a working mic button?

pavvento
Jul 6, 2007, 03:51 PM
They have a working mic button?

No, they do not have a button they simply have the microphone piece, sorry if i misstated myself before. You still need to answer the phone physically i.e. drag your finger across the screen or hit answer.

angrygolfer
Jul 6, 2007, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know if the V=MODA's have a button to answer calls? If so will it also act as an ipod pause button while not getting a call?

ollie3856
Jul 6, 2007, 07:19 PM
the V=MODE's do not have the button either, you have to answer manually and cant advance tracks as you can with the included set

Andrmgic
Jul 6, 2007, 11:15 PM
I'm going to hold out until they release a headphone/mic set with controls like the Apple ones.

I was ready to buy the Shure set until I had the employee open them and saw that there was no call control or track skip.

Going to hold out. If I don't care about getting calls, I've cut away the extra rubber on my shure e2c headphones so that they will fit into the iphone headphone jack

opticalserenity
Jul 7, 2007, 05:11 AM
I wish Shure would come out with a Bluetooth headset. It would be great.

Actually I want Shure to get with Aliph to make a Jawbone 2.0.

Audiophile88
Mar 27, 2008, 11:04 AM
I have experimented with many headsets for my iPod, Zune, and recently my iPhone. Personally I would love to cart my huge Sony 7506's everywhere I go, unfortunately I can't answer calls with them. My Shure 12c-m's are the next best thing.

thegoldenmackid
Mar 27, 2008, 06:02 PM
I have experimented with many headsets for my iPod, Zune, and recently my iPhone. Personally I would love to cart my huge Sony 7506's everywhere I go, unfortunately I can't answer calls with them. My Shure 12c-m's are the next best thing.

Shure SE530's and the Shure MPA?

The 12c-m isn't bad, but any of the new Shure line-up will fit with the Shure MPA to make an equivalent chord length of the standard Apple iPhone earbuds. The Shure 12C-M's are low-end buds for Shure's.

Wow this was an old thread.