Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angrygolfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
PA
Has any used any of the Shure dual mic/earphones with their iPhone yet? If so how are they?

pavvento

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
i actually just picked them up from an att store a couple of minutes ago. I am satisfied with them. I keep the volume at about 4 bars and they are pretty loud. I have another pair of shure's that cost me 150 and the sound is similar although these are not as comfortable. I told the guy I wasnt going to buy them bc shure is coming out with an adapter in august but he said these have a 30day return policy so I figured why not.

pavvento

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
but dont you need an additional adapter with the ones you just got? or do they fit in the iphone a la the V-Moda Vibeo Duo's?

They fit and have the voice piece for calls. It's Shure headphones but in an AT&T box. Model Shure 12c-m although when i went to cnet adn others they just gave reviews of the e12's and not these. They work well and does the whole lowering the song when you get a call etc.

pavvento

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
They have a working mic button?

No, they do not have a button they simply have the microphone piece, sorry if i misstated myself before. You still need to answer the phone physically i.e. drag your finger across the screen or hit answer.

angrygolfer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
PA
Does anyone know if the V=MODA's have a button to answer calls? If so will it also act as an ipod pause button while not getting a call?

ollie3856

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
the V=MODE's do not have the button either, you have to answer manually and cant advance tracks as you can with the included set

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
I'm going to hold out until they release a headphone/mic set with controls like the Apple ones.

I was ready to buy the Shure set until I had the employee open them and saw that there was no call control or track skip.

Going to hold out. If I don't care about getting calls, I've cut away the extra rubber on my shure e2c headphones so that they will fit into the iphone headphone jack

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
I wish Shure would come out with a Bluetooth headset. It would be great.

Actually I want Shure to get with Aliph to make a Jawbone 2.0.

Audiophile88

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2008
Expert opinion

I have experimented with many headsets for my iPod, Zune, and recently my iPhone. Personally I would love to cart my huge Sony 7506's everywhere I go, unfortunately I can't answer calls with them. My Shure 12c-m's are the next best thing.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I have experimented with many headsets for my iPod, Zune, and recently my iPhone. Personally I would love to cart my huge Sony 7506's everywhere I go, unfortunately I can't answer calls with them. My Shure 12c-m's are the next best thing.

Shure SE530's and the Shure MPA?

The 12c-m isn't bad, but any of the new Shure line-up will fit with the Shure MPA to make an equivalent chord length of the standard Apple iPhone earbuds. The Shure 12C-M's are low-end buds for Shure's.

Wow this was an old thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.