PDA

View Full Version : Apple has announced the opening date of July 26, 2003 for it...

MacBytes
Jul 18, 2003, 03:05 PM
Category: Apple Services
Link: Apple has announced the opening date of July 26, 2003 for its Burlingame, CA store. Hmm... wonder if that guy will be camping out again. (http://www.apple.com/retail/burlingame)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Sayhey
Jul 18, 2003, 03:46 PM
This makes five in the SF Bay Area. With the Corte Madera store (Apple has posted job listings for this No. Bay store) and the upcoming flagship store in downtown San Francisco we finally catch up to LA. Now how about a San Jose, Napa, Santa Rosa, & Hayward stores? The hometown region has to have good representation, right?:D

nickmcghie
Jul 18, 2003, 03:46 PM
Why would that guy be camping out?? Burlingame is in the bay area up in northern California, not southern Cali. Maybe it's time to get your California geography straight ;)

MacManDan
Jul 18, 2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Sayhey
This makes five in the SF Bay Area. With the Corte Madera store (Apple has posted job listings for this No. Bay store) and the upcoming flagship store in downtown San Francisco we finally catch up to LA. Now how about a San Jose, Napa, Santa Rosa, & Hayward stores? The hometown region has to have good representation, right?:D

Wow .. 5 in the SF Bay area .. and there's not one within 500 miles (or more) of me here in west Texas ..

:( :mad:

arn
Jul 18, 2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by nickmcghie
Why would that guy be camping out?? Burlingame is in the bay area up in northern California, not southern Cali. Maybe it's time to get your California geography straight ;)

clearly this guy's got time to kill... :)

arn

Sayhey
Jul 18, 2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by MacManDan
Wow .. 5 in the SF Bay area .. and there's not one within 500 miles (or more) of me here in west Texas ..

:( :mad:
Of the top ten US metro areas without an Apple store two are in Texas. San Antonio and Austin would seem to have hope in the next round of openings. I know SA and Austin aren't exactly West Texas, but they're a bit closer than Burlingame.;)

El Paso, the largest West Texas metro area would be the smallest market to have a Apple store -- so you may have to wait a while.:(

bennetsaysargh
Jul 18, 2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by arn
clearly this guy's got time to kill... :)

arn

i thought i had free time when i went to the palisades opening 2 hours early to be 7th in line:rolleyes: