PDA

View Full Version : VMWare, Parallels, or Boot Camp for Blackberry DUN?

loudguitars
Jul 7, 2007, 11:59 AM
I have a Blackberry 8703e, which is one of the unfortunate Blackberries that can't be used for DUN with the Mac (at least not without a very cumbersome and expensive solution (http://brainmurmurs.com/products/pulse/index.php)).

I remember hearing that there's a way to share your internet connection back from a VM in Parallels to your Mac, so that while you're connected through the VM, you're actually browsing on your Mac.

However, now that I've actually got an Intel Mac I've been doing more research and I'm not finding any instructions on how to do it. I'm beginning to suspect I might have made it up in a fit of wishful thinking. Does anyone know if or how this would work in Parallels?

Does anyone know if this tether-then-share-connection-back strategy is possible with VMWare Fusion? I've noticed people seem pretty happy with Fusion overall. If it is possible, how does it work?

I'd prefer to stay away from having to run Boot Camp, but if it's the only way I'd like to know so I can set it up so I only have to have one partition.

This does NOT have to be Bluetooth tethering, by the way, I'm perfectly content to do this via USB if it makes things easier.