PDA

View Full Version : Company Launches Sale of Implantable Chip

eyelikeart
Jul 19, 2003, 08:59 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030717/ap_on_hi_te/mexico_microchip_2

raises a brow for me...

MrMacMan
Jul 19, 2003, 10:50 AM
Sounds good, but I still aint puttina a ship under my skin.

P-Worm
Jul 19, 2003, 11:05 AM
Hey MrMacman, do you find yourself hating it when new technology comes out after seeing Terminator 3 like I do? These chips always go bad in the movies.

P-Worm

thekaiser
Jul 19, 2003, 11:45 AM
There are several scenarios where this could be a very good thing. However, there are ways that this chip could be very dangerous. It is scary to think somebody could be tracking my every movement.

wdlove
Jul 19, 2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by thekaiser
There are several scenarios where this could be a very good thing. However, there are ways that this chip could be very dangerous. It is scary to think somebody could be tracking my every movement.

My dog has a chip implanted, so I know from experience that it's totally safe. Currently the chip is not designed for tracking. The idea of having the chip for medical information would be very valuable during and emergency. The problem would be the cost, wonder if health insurance would cover this?

MCPeck
Jul 19, 2003, 05:20 PM
This really sounds like a scary idea for a million different reasons, and a really great idea for all the other reasons...

How can we be sure that the scanners can't be cloned or bought by anyone? Some thief could scan you on the way to work, get info about you and snag all your ****! I'm sure the database would be well protected, but if teenagers can hack other DBs why is this one so safe?:eek:

Then again, ever see the Bourne Identity? Scary...

Pete_Hoover
Jul 20, 2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Sounds good, but I still aint puttina a ship under my skin.

A ship would pretty hard to fit under your skin. :rolleyes:

tazo
Jul 20, 2003, 02:37 PM
I know no one wants to admit it, but this is something straight out of Revelations :(

We are just getting one step to a one-world government and loss of the cash system

wdlove
Jul 20, 2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by tazo
I know no one wants to admit it, but this is something straight out of Revelations :(

We are just getting one step to a one-world government and loss of the cash system

It's a sad commentary, but I agree with you tazo. I do believe that Revelations is an ever unfolding roadmap. Lucky for us no one knows the actual timing!