Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
I was just thinking about it, and I just thought that when Apple replaces the plastic enclosure for the aluminum ones, most prolly the enclosure will be thinner, stronger and will have better heat dissipation. Aluminum can easily be thinner as it is metal and it will be stronger and as it is a metal, the hea should conduct quickly, increasing the performance.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
The rumour that restarted all this aluminum iMac chatter suggested that they will actually be a little thicker (2") albeit with a somewhat smaller chin.

Well see. I just hope the new iMac doesn't continue Apple's recent commitment to green...at least in terms of the screen tint.

Boika

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2007
I don't agree with a brushed metal look for the imac, the way apple was going was, pro products where brushed metal (powermac and macbook pro) and consumer products where white plastic(macbook, imac) Now that the imacs will be brushed metal it doesn't seem to follow their usual pattern :confused:

Mr MacBlue

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2005
I just looked at the first page of our Apple Store. Only three out of nine Apple products have still got a plastic enclosure, including the iMac, MacBook and iPod. Whereas, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, MacPro :apple: TV, MacBook Pro, and Mac Mini share an aluminium enclosure.

Though I like the iMac's white plastic, I believe that the new iMac will have an aluminium enclosere. Whether it comes in various colours, like the iPod nano and shuffle, I don't know.

However, I remember that they advertised the current iMac as designed by the creators of iPod. Maybe the next iMac is designed by the creators of iPhone?

CBAviator

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
Nederland
The rumour that restarted all this aluminum iMac chatter suggested that they will actually be a little thicker (2") albeit with a somewhat smaller chin.

Well see. I just hope the new iMac doesn't continue Apple's recent commitment to green...at least in terms of the screen tint.

Well, they MUST continue their committments to green somehow then. Apple was ranked as one of the worst companies in America for green practices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.