PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your FM transmitter or car adapter for IPhone

obxbound
Jul 9, 2007, 09:37 AM
I have a 2005 Prius that has bluetooth capability and I am looking for a compatible FM transmitter or car adapter. I used to have a very inexpensive cassette adapter that worked beautfiully with my ipod and does not work at all with the iphone. I tried to other products over the weekend with no success. I suspect that I will get the airplane mode notification and it will still work (did with my logitech stereo system) so that's fine. One of the products I tried played through the radio ok, but did not allow for the bluetooth to take calls.

I have a very long commute and I NEED to be able to use it in the car.

thejadedmonkey
Jul 9, 2007, 09:48 AM
I use newer tech's roadtrip!+ , which I think was replaced with this (http://www.newertech.com/products/trafficjamz.php). If it's the same thing, jsut with a different name (and now you can choose the frequency) then it's amazing, I've used it on my way to the beach and my friend and I would listen to my iPod (and he was driving his car) so it's got a very nice range. and, it's cheep!

oscarbrown4
Jul 14, 2007, 02:05 PM
does the roadtrip + work with the iphone? I haven't found any integrated chargers that will give me any kind of audio out that will work on the iPhone. I'd like to have one device that charges and either has a line out or an fm transmitter.

poppe
Jul 14, 2007, 08:51 PM
It might be a tad bit more but if you have a prius you can actually get it so that the screen displays all the information of songs track and time (all that junk) and works a lot better than an FM transmitter or cassette thing.

My teacher has it and absolutely loves it. I am sure it will take 4 months though before they come out with a iPhone compatible one...

puckhead193
Jul 14, 2007, 08:58 PM
i have no idea if it will work with your iphone but i use this (http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3029) for my video and its awesome. it has good sound quality and has presets for quick changing of stations and charges my ipod.