PDA

View Full Version : Mac Gamepad

DTphonehome
Jul 19, 2003, 09:19 PM
Hi All...in honor of the 20th anniversary of the Nintendo Famicom system (on July 15), better known as the NES in the US, I started using an NES emulator to play all those wicked games from the 80's. But the keyboard is a really lousy way to play.

Any idea on what gamepad is reasonably priced and functions well with a Mac? I know there are dozens of options from the PC workd that are USB and should work, but I was wondering if anyone had a particular gamepad that they found works really well with their Mac.

I am using a 667 TiBook.

Thanks,

--DT

me hate windows
Jul 19, 2003, 09:41 PM
hey, I was wondering where you downloaded your emulator and the games. I have tried a few places but they sucked bad. And my old NES disappeared somewhere.:(

DTphonehome
Jul 19, 2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by me hate windows
hey, I was wondering where you downloaded your emulator and the games. I have tried a few places but they sucked bad. And my old NES disappeared somewhere.:(

For an emulator, try http://www.bannister.org/software/rocknes.htm ...it's pretty solid. As for ROMs, I haven't downloaded any for years, I have them all saved since my PC days. Try doing a google search for "nes roms" and youll get a whole lot I'm sure.

Any opinion on a gamepad?

--DT