PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor Set-up

DVDSP
Jul 19, 2003, 10:42 PM
I have two G4s I'm working with, one has a LaCie 19" monitor and on the other I'm using a 17" Cinema Display. The G4 with the Cinema Display also uses the nVidia GeForce 2 Dual Display card. I believe that the LaCie has switchable video source (BNC and VGA, I'm currently using the VGA), I have found a VGA to BNC cable and I think the free connector on the Dual Display card is VGA.

Here is my question: if I connect the LaCie to the Dual Display card will I be able to work in extended desktop mode with that G4 and still be able to switch to my other G4? Also, which display would be the default display (I'm guessing it would be the Cinema Display).

Thanks in advance,

LethalWolfe
Jul 19, 2003, 10:59 PM
Yes that would work. I'm basically doing the same thing but w/a PC and a G4. I have 2 monitors on my desk. both monitors are hooked up to my G4 but only one is hooked upto my PC (I use a KVM to switch between computers).

Also, which display would be the default display (I'm guessing it would be the Cinema Display).

I'm not sure what you are asking here. But, you can configure the arrangement of the monitors on the dual monitor machine anyway you like by going into the Display settings.

Lethal

DVDSP
Jul 20, 2003, 09:23 PM
Thanks, man, I'll order the cable ASAP.

What I meant with the Cinema Display being default was that it will still be where my primary desktop is when I boot up with just that monitor.

Thanks again,