Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but after skimming the front page, I don't see anything.

I love this leather folio from Incase:

iphoneleatherfolioblack1.jpg

I'm wanting something just like this (with a metallic/magnetic latch) that I can slip in my pocket, but without the belt clip on the back.

Does such a hybrid exist?

sinemacula

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
It looks like you could use it without the headset even in the case, although perhaps not comfortably for a long call.

Another couple of options here:
- the Fortte horizontal
portada.jpg

- the Fortte vertical
portada.jpg

Both are available with or without a belt clip, and in a variety of finishes (of course, most finish options add $$).

I'm still hemming and hawing... somehow I can easily see myself spending $$ on three, four or more cases trying to find the one that's just right for me.

whawhat

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2006
Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but after skimming the front page, I don't see anything.

I love this leather folio from Incase:

iphoneleatherfolioblack1.jpg

I'm wanting something just like this (with a metallic/magnetic latch) that I can slip in my pocket, but without the belt clip on the back.

Does such a hybrid exist?

got the griffin elan snap-in when i got my iphone (it was the only decent one instock) - its nice but the clip is too bulky and the screen is too exposed. the incase looked good in the picts and in person, BUT it is really bulky. apple store finally had the griffin elan holster in stock and ITS PERFECT - super slim, belt clip can be horizontal or vertical or removed, and it included a screen cloth and protector. just wish they had these in stock when i got my iphone.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=DD5719D7&nplm=TN556LL/A

pcguru83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Charlotte, NC
It looks like you could use it without the headset even in the case, although perhaps not comfortably for a long call.
I'm curious how it's intended to be used though. Are they expecting most everyone to use some sort of headset while the phone remains in the case, or are you able to easily remove the phone from the case to talk? I really do like this iQase Ritz and the credit card holder part.

Thanks for the Fortte suggestion as well. I actually stumbled upon that option yesterday when I was browsing through a post on here yesterday. The option to get one without the belt clip is very cool. Problem is, I like the horizontal one best, but it looks alot more bulky than the vertical one.

Who knew finding a case could be so difficult? :)

sinemacula

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
I'm curious how it's intended to be used though. Are they expecting most everyone to use some sort of headset while the phone remains in the case, or are you able to easily remove the phone from the case to talk? I really do like this iQase Ritz and the credit card holder part.

Since I don't have one, I'm not sure how difficult it is to remove the phone from the case - hard to tell how snug the fit is from the pictures. I'm planning on getting a bluetooth headset, so I guess it won't be that much of an issue -- unless I find that bluetooth drains the battery so quickly it's not worth it.

pcguru83 said:
Thanks for the Fortte suggestion as well. I actually stumbled upon that option yesterday when I was browsing through a post on here yesterday. The option to get one without the belt clip is very cool. Problem is, I like the horizontal one best, but it looks alot more bulky than the vertical one.

I too prefer the horizontal, but you're right, it looks quite a bit more bulky than the vertical one, and I'm thinking more bulky than I want to deal with. (Then again, with the "wrap around" aspect of the RiTZ case, it might also be more bulky than it appears in the pictures.)

pcguru83 said:
Who knew finding a case could be so difficult? :)

No kidding! :rolleyes:

I wonder if there are any physical retail stores that carry the RiTZ so I could see it before I make a decision? Or if anyone else has purchased one and can give a report?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.