PDA

View Full Version : Panther and AOL

jbrown
Jul 20, 2003, 05:04 AM
Hello all - just wondering if anyone has got AOL going on Panther - I installed it, and it signs on fine, and recieves my email, but wont load web pages?? Is this a Panther thing, or AOL ( seem to remember getting this prob with AOL before on other systems, but cant remember the cure!! ). Other then that, Pantherr purrs along very fast indeed.
cheers for any help;) :) :)

beehouse27
Oct 30, 2003, 08:54 AM
I just installed Panther on my Powerbook 17" G4 and discovered that AOL itself works great, but all connections to the WORLD WIDE WEB are gone.. What a pain!!!...

I tried reinstalling AOL from scratch... no difference... I have looked on Apple's Website, AOL's Web Site, Versiontracker.com and the forums for some kind of fix and nothing...

Is this a new problem that should be reported to AOL?

Now, whenever I want to go on the web, I have to boot up onto a partition on my hard drive with Mac OS 10.2.8 installed.

colitj92
Nov 3, 2003, 12:11 PM
The problem is with the AOL server.

Installed Panther about a week ago and experienced the same problems. I immediately called AOL MAC support (1.888.265.8007) and they are aware of the problem. Unfortuanetly AOL dose not have an ETA on when it will be resolved.

The service rep did mention that the more subscribers that complain the faster the problem will be fixed. So PLEASE call, email, IM as many times as necessary and let them know that this is an issue.
:confused:

beehouse27
Nov 8, 2003, 06:33 PM
I discovered if I turned off all the connections except for the one I'm using in Panthers system preferences.. NETWORK, everything works in AOL. You just go into NETWORK and go to the submenus under "SHOW" Go to network port configuration and unclick all the connections except for the one you are using for aol...

But I still can't seem to go through my airport with AOL. I only get a partial connection with no WWW access and no buddy list access.

I need to plug the phone line directly into the modem and AOL works like before

crazzyeddie
Nov 8, 2003, 07:28 PM
If you cant use the web browser in AOL, then use Safari while on AOL... it should work.

yoda13
Nov 9, 2003, 01:41 AM
I was wondering if you earlier posters were fixed yet? I just tried to sign on and use AOL in Panther, and everything worked, including the net. I was wondering if I am lucky or if it is fixed?