Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangeclockwork

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2003
I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not apple has a return policy. I am planning on buying a powerbook within the next week, and would like to be able to return it and get a new model if they do come out with an update say, in early august.
thanks

zuggerat

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2003
NY
apple policy if a new product comes out within 3 weeks of ur purchase then they give u ur money back towards the purchase of the new one

scifi451

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2003
MN
Re: Powerbook...return policy

Originally posted by orangeclockwork
I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not apple has a return policy. I am planning on buying a powerbook within the next week, and would like to be able to return it and get a new model if they do come out with an update say, in early august.
thanks

I could not find that in Apple's return policy in the link above. Could you direct me to where Apple says this?

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
If it isn't there, the person who stated it is in the return policy has not checked it lately. That is the official policy page. No other exceptions.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
I didn't think they had a returns policy because so many people complain about getting a new Mac then finding that just a few days later a faster one is released.

This is the problem with Apple. In the PC world you can get a computer at any time with the knowledge that they are not going to make one that is a lot faster and release it next month. Apple should just update the computers when new tec is avaliable in enough numbers to sell.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Originally posted by hvfsl
I didn't think they had a returns policy because so many people complain about getting a new Mac then finding that just a few days later a faster one is released.

This is the problem with Apple. In the PC world you can get a computer at any time with the knowledge that they are not going to make one that is a lot faster and release it next month. Apple should just update the computers when new tec is avaliable in enough numbers to sell.

Apple's store though has a different return policy than some of the other mail order shops. Though it does impose its policy on some of those shops, though possibly not all. It pays to shop around:

http://www.macprices.com/

http://www.apple.com/buy

are the two links you can use to find authorized resellers and call them to find out what their policies are for returning Apple products. Some are more flexible than others as I've read on other boards. One thing to note, Apple will not install third party RAM, while most third party resellers will on Macs.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Originally posted by hvfsl

I stand corrected. Found Apple's reduction in price policy here:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#Apple Prices

PRICES
The Apple Store endeavors to offer you competitive prices on current Apple products and selected refurbished and clearance products. Your total order price will include the price of the product (on the day of shipping) plus any applicable sales tax and shipping charges._ Apple reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at the Apple Store at any time.

Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 10 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price._ To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 business days of shipment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.