PDA

View Full Version : Any iPod deals?

idkew
Jul 20, 2003, 03:02 PM
Well, I just had my car broken into for the second time in 3 or 5 months. Now I am out between $3,000 and $4,000. Great welcome gift from the worthless of Chicago.

BTW- i don't even have a nice car. It is a '95 Corolla which used to have a low end cd player. Before that it had a large stereo... but that was given to the local crackheads of Bloomington, IL. (or so the rumors say)

My new plan is to get an iPod with an FM adapter and just a crappy FM radio for my car.

So, does anyone know of any great deals on iPods out there? I want a 30gig'er, but I may settle for a 15. My collection is about 20-25gigs.

Thanks for your help in advance.

arn
Jul 20, 2003, 03:04 PM
there was one:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=32531

The offer is over though. If you keep an eye out, there may be another coupon... they have them frequently

arn

idkew
Jul 20, 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by arn
there was one:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=32531

The offer is over though. If you keep an eye out, there may be another coupon... they have them frequently

arn

i looked at dell, and i don't think that they carry the iPod anymore.

funkywhat2
Jul 20, 2003, 10:18 PM
Look around on eBay. You can find great deals on new ones, or even better deals on used ones, if you don't mind them being used.

ianimate3d
Jul 20, 2003, 10:31 PM
Dell carries them, but you won't see them right now because they just got done doing a few deals that back ordered them. I picked up a 15 gig for $314 from them about a month ago and just got it last week. They just ran a $399 deal on the 30 gig and that model quickly disappeared. If you want to catch these deals quick I suggest checking www.dealmac.com on a daily basis. That's how I have found out about all these deals first.

idkew
Jul 20, 2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ianimate3d
I suggest checking www.dealmac.com on a daily basis.

thanks for the link, nice site.

idkew
Jul 22, 2003, 09:01 PM
Some guy on amazon.com is selling the 30gb for $399. Just scroll down from the amazon ad and you see the new ones advertised there.

not bad- $100 off.

Nebrie
Jul 23, 2003, 12:33 AM
Dell is heavily backordered just in case you're thinking of ordering. The current wait time is about 2 months.

idkew
Jul 23, 2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by idkew
Some guy on amazon.com is selling the 30gb for $399. Just scroll down from the amazon ad and you see the new ones advertised there.

not bad- $100 off.

well, that now looks bogus....

idkew
Jul 28, 2003, 04:08 PM
well, i received mine today- wow.

apple can definitly design a nice mp3 player.

took me 10 minutes to transfer my music. sync'd it with my address book and iCal in no time.

I am definitly impressed.