PDA

View Full Version : Delete Searches

thebossisback
Jul 20, 2003, 09:59 PM
When I search something at google it seems to keep track of what I searched because when I go back and type a letter it shows me a list of things that I previously searched. How do I delete this?

rainman::|:|
Jul 20, 2003, 10:53 PM
what OS, what browser, etc. It's not google, it's your computer... but most browsers shouldn't autofill search bars...

pnw

pretentious
Jul 21, 2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by thebossisback
When I search something at google it seems to keep track of what I searched because when I go back and type a letter it shows me a list of things that I previously searched. How do I delete this?

Do you mean on Google's home page?
I want this, how do I get it?

Royal Pineapple
Jul 21, 2003, 12:43 AM
do you meen your google bar in safari?

Gus
Jul 21, 2003, 01:16 AM
It happens with Safari I know. My wife's iBook does this to me when I use it (I hate it), but I've never had it happen on mine. I must have something turned off on mine or something.

Regards,
Gus

LimeLite
Jul 21, 2003, 01:28 AM
Yeah, this is in Safari. It remembers items that you enter into a search field (works with google, ebay, pretty much any field), but I think it only sticks around if you don't quit Safari, meaning that if you quit Safari then restart it, it won't have those items memorized. I think.

thebossisback
Jul 21, 2003, 08:03 AM
it happens to me with safari

medea
Jul 21, 2003, 08:31 AM
well in safari all you have to do is click on the maginfying glass icon in the google bar and scroll down past all your "saved" searches and there is a link to clear it.