Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ephraim909

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Does anyone know of anything in development for the iPhone that would allow simple account balancing? For me, it would just have to be able to make debits or credits to a current balance and perhaps allow for a short description. If this isn't already available, I hope someone will make it soon. If I knew anything about this type of development (or any development for that matter) I would do it myself! I'm sure many people would find something like this very useful and much faster and easier that using that old stuff...what's it called?....oh yeah, pen and paper.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
I've never seen anything like that. Or at least not as nice as I'd like it... I'd like a running register with sorts and budgets and categories and history like some NICE Palm freeware apps out there.

ephraim909

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
How is that already built in to the iPhone? Am I missing something? I am obviously talking about more than just the calculator.

bluewoodboarder

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
I want this too

I suggested this a while before the iPhone came out. This is a great idea. One developer mentioned that he might start working on it, but I haven't seen anything sense. I've been using the notes app... it works... but it isn't very intuitive. One potential issue would be how data is stored.

Noah Clarke

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
I was thinking it would be something like this:

BANK STATEMENT
06/28/07 Balance $600.00
06/29/07 Withdrawal -$600.00
06/29/07 Balance $0.00

Yes I typed this on my iPhone!

I was thinking it would be something like this:

BANK STATEMENT
06/28/07 Balance $600.00
06/29/07 Withdrawal -$600.00
06/29/07 Balance $0.00

Yes I typed this on my iPhone!
When I first saw this thread, my mind just shouted "Security Problem!" and stopped thinking about it. On second thought though, if its really ONLY a running expense register, its not *that* nutty... I might try one too, but if there's not one already I'm sure this week will produce at least three... --Hopefully they all post here about it!

And yeah... Like now for instance, posting from my iPhone has become so unremarkeable I bet a lot of folks are doing it without a second thought now. :) just gotta watch those Safari crashes. They'll take the wind right out of wanting to type it up again... But browser crashes have always had that affect. :)

~ CB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.