Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
So far we have a 'new' PSP ("It's 33% lighter, 19% slimmer, and the battery is much improved.") that will be released in September.

And the most cringe-inducing thing I've read in ages:

8:45 PDT - Jack [Tretton] is back in Home. "I thought I'd take the opportunity to pop back into Home to show you my tricked out apartment. I left the door open, so I hope some of the hot chicks will wander in."

Jesus, he didn't just say that did he?

EDIT: A 'Star Wars' edition PSP.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Really impressive so far. New PSP doesn't look much different, but I've been waiting for one so I'll pick one up. Are they using the bundles as an excuse to up the price?

Yeah some of it is cringe worthy (Chewie!)

echochrome looks awesome.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
^ Thanks.

…No new features? Come on Sony.…

That's a start:

The killer feature of the new PSP is TV OUT, a feature many of you asked since a long time. You can now play videos or games from the new Sony PSP on HDTVs.

I wonder which kinf of cable it will use.

Also faster loading times. Not a feature per say but long laoding time kept me away (in part) from the PSP so far.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Sony finally has a potential PS3 shifter:

Wipeout HD

(If Sony halve the price of a PS3 and throw in a copy of Wipeout HD, plus a High-Def TV, I'm sold! :D )

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Probably pick up on of the Ice Silver PSP packs. $199 is a pretty sweet deal for the 1g memory stick + Daxter + Family Guy UMD bonuses.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Wipeout sounds killer. Can't wait to see some video.
I hope it's more like XL than any of the others though.

XL > Fusion > all the others

Wipeout + GoW3 = I buy a Ps3 ;)

iLunar

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2006
This was the most boring E3 ever. Nothing ground-breaking from any of the "big 3". Sony's presentation was the least impressive. Only one new exclusive and a slimmer PSP? Yawn.

MGS does look great, though.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I was hoping they would talk more about some XMB stuff and the likes but they did say it was all about the game.

Man I thought they were about to announce another sly cooper game...that would be awesome but sony showed some nice stuff.

Killzone 2 still impressive.

Bless

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
Having watched all three conferences now, it is my opinion that Sony had the better conference this year.

I was happy to see a more humbling Sony. The main keynote speaker came off as more likable than Peter Moore and Reggie in my opinion.

Sony wasted no time and seemed to have showed off more games than Microsoft and Nintendo. They didn't bore the audience with sales figures (as if they had any to brag about anyhow. :p ) and got right into the games. Home is looking pretty nice as well.

Overall, my perception towards Sony's PS3 has gotten better now after that keynote. If only I could afford a PS3 though :( . The $100 price drop helps, but it's still too much for me at this time.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
HAZE is exclusive
Unreal is the timed exclusive(with enhanced UE3 graphics)

Video Out for PSP!
(oh, and I want the Star Wars PSP - it rocks!)

Killzone and MGS4 were the most impressive, both were 100% real-time. :cool:

HOME is looking good.

MY only disappointment with he conference, we already saw most of these games and a lot of them are 08 titles. There were NO demos announced, and some titles are still AWOL. (8 Days, etc.)

Other than that the 50 titles Sony showed were impressive.
They indeed win the WOW factor this year.

;)

[EDIT]

I guess HAZE is timed exclusive....they kind of made that one confusing.

NC Soft going "first party-ish" is big news too.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Indeed best of show...Sony did what it came to do and left with the whole show.

They made sure put it out there 4 times...MGS4 is exclusive!...that made me laugh.

This along with the price cut which is very effective since it was put into place(selling out stores in all) is what sony needed to do to keep everyone focused on the PS3.

Okay Sony....lets talk demos now:)

Bless

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I don't know if there's something wrong with me, but I just can't get involved in MGS4. I think the voice acting is all so overwrought it ends up just making me chuckle.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I don't know if there's something wrong with me, but I just can't get involved in MGS4. I think the voice acting is all so overwrought it ends up just making me chuckle.

I see MGS as the Severance of the game industry. It's a comedy through the ridiculousness of it all, but if you're not told you might think it a horror film.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.