PDA

View Full Version : My Switch

maradong
Jul 21, 2003, 01:03 PM
Well i got myself a mac, the first one, and i hope i will not regret it *g*.
actually i m still using linux everywhere I can, but well.
I was always talking of getting myself a Powerbook, but the delay of the 15'' made me decide to get a nice desktop, and a little notebook => ibook which i haven t got yet...
Well, I m not really great at telling histories, that s why i ll stop here. Just wanted you to know that i am finally making a part out of the mac community.
Greets.

patrick0brien
Jul 21, 2003, 02:32 PM
-maradong

Wellcome!

Hey, waitaminute. You're a 6502. You mean to tell us you've been a contributing member for that long and you didn't have a Mac?

Impressive.

maradong
Jul 21, 2003, 11:55 PM
well i was only working on those at school,
and knew enough for the rest. the ppc architecture is just so impressive, i ve always been reading things about it, and therefore was able to post ;-)

Flowbee
Jul 22, 2003, 12:26 AM
So which desktop did you get? What are your initial impressions?

Anyway, congrats on the new purchase.

maradong
Jul 22, 2003, 05:36 AM
i mac 17''
1 ghz
768 mb ram
80 gig disc
hm. - thinking-
no bluetooth, ( could need it but well. my budget )
no ae, ( don t need it ).

my first impression was like.
huh man that machine is fast ;-) no really. all the mac s i was able to put the hands on were like 400 mhz g3 s.

only "realistic" point is ripping speed. 6 - 10x for aac @ 128 kbts. but it s still good. ;-)
and it looks so stylish . it s just great

patrick0brien
Jul 22, 2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by maradong
and it looks so stylish

-maradong

And not to mention a teensy footprint :)

Well, welcome then!

maradong
Jul 22, 2003, 11:50 PM
yeah ,-)

another point i noticed.
I is nearly silent. and compared to my linux box ( es ) it isn t disturbing, you can leave it on all the time, and you ll not notice it.
=> well my linux boxes are also always on, but you hear them by far more.

CmdrLaForge
Jul 23, 2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-maradong

Wellcome!

Hey, waitaminute. You're a 6502. You mean to tell us you've been a contributing member for that long and you didn't have a Mac?

Impressive.

Hello Patrick,

what is a 6502 ?

Cheers
CmdrLaForge

patrick0brien
Jul 23, 2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by CmdrLaForge
Hello Patrick,

what is a 6502 ?

Cheers
CmdrLaForge

-CmdrLaForge

Good to see you again.

Well, in the forums it's a user posting level. when you reach 500 posts you graduate from "Regular" to "6502" and you are able to have an avatar.

The origin of the 6502 is in the microprocessors Apples have used. I thing the 6502 was the Microprocessor used in the Apple ][ Plus (?)

maradong
Jul 24, 2003, 01:11 AM
btw, just wondering, what are the other levels ? and how many posts do you have to do to reach them . ;-)

=> my mac still works like a charm. didn t crash or slow down in 3 days ;-) cool .

CmdrLaForge
Jul 24, 2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-CmdrLaForge

Good to see you again.

Well, in the forums it's a user posting level. when you reach 500 posts you graduate from "Regular" to "6502" and you are able to have an avatar.

The origin of the 6502 is in the microprocessors Apples have used. I thing the 6502 was the Microprocessor used in the Apple ][ Plus (?)

OK - thanks for the answer. Quite a way to go for me :-)

Cheers
CmdrLaForge

MacBoyX
Aug 6, 2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by maradong
btw, just wondering, what are the other levels ? and how many posts do you have to do to reach them . ;-)

=> my mac still works like a charm. didn t crash or slow down in 3 days ;-) cool .

Maradong,

Welcome... I am glad to hear you made the jump and you're loving it.

I am wondering this too tho... 6502 is 500 what's next? 68000? I've noticed a demi god or two with only 300 posts?

Is there a place on the site to find out the levels? Arn??

MacboyX

tpjunkie
Aug 6, 2003, 04:14 PM
there have been many threads on the levels, do a search...and i think the 6502 was the cpu in the original apple I