Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tim117

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
BC Canada
Well I can get the game to run, just fine, with the graphics turned down all the way. But after about 3 minutes of gameplay it will just crash? I downloaded all the patches, and I'm running it on vista.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
What type of macbook do you have ?

I'm running bootcamp 1.3 with XP and C&C3 runs amazing... 17" 2.4 MBP though.

I would first try running it on XP... vista always slows down gaming anyways.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
It is probably a Vista thing. Try turning down all the Aero effects if they are turned on. For gaming, it is best to use XP instead of Vista if you can. The games run much better with XP.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Well I can get the game to run, just fine, with the graphics turned down all the way. But after about 3 minutes of gameplay it will just crash? I downloaded all the patches, and I'm running it on vista.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Bootcamp drivers are for windows xp. The problems you are having will be due to immature drivers for vista.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
What type of macbook do you have ?

I'm running bootcamp 1.3 with XP and C&C3 runs amazing... 17" 2.4 MBP though.

I would first try running it on XP... vista always slows down gaming anyways.

What settings are you using?

iProd

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
Boston
It's the lack of video memory that is the problem. After so much is going on in game, it can't handle all the stuff ingame, kinda why sometimes during the game after playing for 10 minutes or so, if you move your camera down to where the enemy's base is, it just crashes. So, because of the lack of a dedicated GPU in the macbook, C&C3 is unlikely going to work anytime soon for Macbook owners :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.