PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever order from Drrawstock.com?

nospleen
Jul 21, 2003, 02:29 PM
Anyone? I received a good price from them and I just want to make sure it is legit. Thanks

Eniregnat
Jul 21, 2003, 04:19 PM
What are you buying? A turn-key solution, or just a computer?

If it's film stock, don't buy until you get a garontee that your getting film from a lot that hasn't expired yet. Many discounters sell old film. Also this might not be the best place for this thread.

I have never heard of them, but they look legit.

nospleen
Jul 21, 2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Eniregnat
What are you buying? A turn-key solution, or just a computer?

If it's film stock, don't buy until you get a garontee that your getting film from a lot that hasn't expired yet. Many discounters sell old film. Also this might not be the best place for this thread.

I have never heard of them, but they look legit.

Where should I have put this thread? I looked around and I figured general apple discussion fit the bill. Anyway, I emailed them about a dual 2.0 G5 and they said they would sell it to me for 2824 shipped. I just wanted to know if they are legit.

Eniregnat
Jul 21, 2003, 06:03 PM
Sorry, I ment to edit that out. I wrot that when I thought you were looking for media stock, and before I saw their computer systems.

I've looked for comments about them on the Web and didn't find any. With this photo you at least know that there is a building at the address they post.

Perhaps you should check some photography and film centered forums to see if their patrons can help.

nospleen
Jul 21, 2003, 06:11 PM
Sorry, I ment to edit that out. I wrot that when I thought you were looking for media stock, and before I saw their computer systems.

I've looked for comments about them on the Web and didn't find any. With this photo you at least know that there is a building at the address they post.

Perhaps you should check some photography and film centered forums to see if their patrons can help.

Nice work! Remind me not to make you mad! ;)

Eniregnat
Jul 21, 2003, 06:28 PM
Here is a good sign

Whois
Domain Name: DRRAWSTOCK.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: NS2.LNHI.NET
Name Server: NS1.LNHI.NET
Updated Date: 12-feb-2003
Creation Date: 27-sep-1996
Expiration Date: 26-sep-2008

The creation date (old), up date (recent) and expiration date(far from now) are all good signs.

They ping out at 110, which is consistant for something with in my state, and likely L.A. or it vicinity. (I know this based on known servers and trafic.) Also a trace shows that that it travles mostly along a number of sprint.net lines (very CA). But in reality this dosn't mean anything.

nospleen
Jul 21, 2003, 06:42 PM
Here is a good sign

The creation date (old), up date (recent) and expiration date(far from now) are all good signs.

They ping out at 110, which is consistant for something with in my state, and likely L.A. or it vicinity. (I know this based on known servers and trafic.) Also a trace shows that that it travles mostly along a number of sprint.net lines (very CA). But in reality this dosn't mean anything.

Is there an official apple resellers list anywhere? They said that they were an authorized reseller. The only reason I am hesitant is because I know apple is real strict on resellers with regards to pricing. When you click on the powermac, it pops up, "email for best price." I just thought they could not do that per apple.

Wes
Jul 21, 2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by nospleen
Is there an official apple resellers list anywhere? They said that they were an authorized reseller. The only reason I am hesitant is because I know apple is real strict on resellers with regards to pricing. When you click on the powermac, it pops up, "email for best price." I just thought they could not do that per apple.

Try plugging in their general area
here (http://applefn.infonow.net/bin/findNow?CLIENT_ID=APPLE_WTB_USA) and see if they pop up.

jason
Jul 21, 2003, 07:09 PM
edit: link was already posted above.