PDA

View Full Version : Good "Slim" TiBook Cases

Schiffi
Jul 21, 2003, 02:34 PM
I want a good "slim" case for my TiBook. I've seen that marware.com has somewhat what I need, however, I wished for more of a metal exterior and a foam padding interior. More like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2743106129&category=14909
However, 6.25" is quite big for just a 1" thick laptop. Is there a product made like the eBay item, but thinner? Or has anyone used the marware Sportfolio and would recomend it?

Kwyjibo
Jul 21, 2003, 03:31 PM
i have a marware sportfolio 2 and a spire boot bag for my ibook12. The spire is much beter quality and they give the external size too so i would check them out www.spireusa.com

Schiffi
Jul 21, 2003, 05:06 PM
Interesting...

Are the Spires hard cases? i.e. plastic or metal enforced?

Kwyjibo
Jul 21, 2003, 07:38 PM
no they are just really well padded. The Sportfolios have a plastic casing kind of but if you were to get hit with enough force it would ruin your laptop the same amount as the boot from spire.

If you need a standalone bag/case and you want a hard case get one i guess. For using my laptop in my backapck and throwing it into my car the spire feels more sturdy than the sportfolio.

Abstract
Jul 21, 2003, 07:39 PM
You know how people say, "The iBook is made for student life. You can just throw it in your backpack and go." Do people actually put their laptops in a regular backpack? Isn't the bottom of a backpack a tad too soft for something like a laptop? Are these people just crazy?

ZildjianKX
Jul 21, 2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Abstract
You know how people say, "The iBook is made for student life. You can just throw it in your backpack and go." Do people actually put their laptops in a regular backpack? Isn't the bottom of a backpack a tad too soft for something like a laptop? Are these people just crazy?

I saw a dude at school yesterday throw his iBook into his backpack... was kind of surprised... but I guess some people do do it.

Abstract
Jul 21, 2003, 10:08 PM
Compared to the cost of a laptop, the carrying backpack is a minimal cost to protect their iBook.......my precious!!! They don't deserve it. I do. Abstract does to hold the precious!!!, not them.

Tequila Grandma
Jul 22, 2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Abstract
Nope, the iBook is just an incredbily sturdy machine. I keep mine in an incase slip case (which I place inside my larger bag), but that's mainly to prevent scratching and the like (which hasn't really helped too much -- I use my iBook every day, and it SHOWS). It's nice to have a little slipcase - especially if you have the 12" PowerBook, which has always seemed more fragile to me.

Arigato,
Brook