PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson speaks out against legislation that would ma...

MacBytes
Jul 21, 2003, 04:22 PM
Category: Peer to Peer
Link: Michael Jackson speaks out against legislation that would make downloading a single copyrighted work punishable by jail. (http://www.macminute.com/2003/07/21/jackson)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Hodapp
Jul 21, 2003, 04:24 PM
Holy crap, a pig just flew right by my office window!

(In other words, I agree with Michael Jackson.) :D

Laslo Panaflex
Jul 21, 2003, 04:27 PM
Wow, I actaully agree with the guy, and I am really surprised that he mentioned ITMS, I hope that it doesn't tarnish Apples good name.

PS Sorry to all the MJ fans out there, but the guy is kinda freaky. . .

Peas.

bennetsaysargh
Jul 21, 2003, 04:52 PM
billie jean!
sorry. the guy from the iPod night at the apple store is still haunting me. was anyone else at palisades for iPod night?
scary dude.

MrMacMan
Jul 21, 2003, 05:40 PM
For the sake of all that is good, THIS is bad publisity for apple.

Michael Jackson... EWWWWW.

mactastic
Jul 21, 2003, 07:33 PM
It's not gonna hurt apple to have michael jackson spontaneously mention iTMS to the media. It just means he's using it, or knows people who know about using it. It's not like apple is paying him (I hope!) to say this, and it's not like he uses iTMS for anything to do with any of his... ahem... controversial activities. Let's just hope he doesn't dangle his mac out the window.

nuckinfutz
Jul 21, 2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
For the sake of all that is good, THIS is bad publisity for apple.

Michael Jackson... EWWWWW.

1. Grow up

2. Learn how to spell, it's "Publicity" .

Mudbug
Jul 21, 2003, 08:51 PM
Well. well. well.

<mask of 12 year old> There's nothing like having a freakishly disfigured pedophile as the spokesperson for P2P. </mask of 12 year old>

In the words of some famous person whose name will be Bob for this demonstration: There is no such thing as bad publicity. Even if coming from Michael Jackson.

The point of my statement is that the service is mentioned. Who cares who said it and what the context is. People will see iTMS, and say "What's That?" and then find out. Free publicity. From famous people who you've heard of. Negative connotation makes no difference.

Now to recap... Eeeew.

Jerry Spoon
Jul 22, 2003, 12:39 AM
At least this shows that musicians are giving some attention to ITMS and likes it. I know now every musician thinks like MJ (thank goodness) but I'm sure many agree with his statement here.

wdlove
Jul 22, 2003, 10:49 AM
The downloading of illegal musice hurts the musican/songwriter also. So I'm not suprised that Michael Jackson would speak out. Maybe the publicity will help!

Waluigi
Jul 22, 2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by nuckinfutz
1. Grow up

2. Learn how to spell, it's "Publicity" .

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....nice one, that made my day!

--Waluigi