Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devil's Refugee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2007
I'd be interested in peeps experiences with Lord Of The Rings Online using the new MBP refresh, and also experiences of the game in general.

mdelaney123

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2004
I'd be interested in peeps experiences with Lord Of The Rings Online using the new MBP refresh, and also experiences of the game in general.

LOTRO runs fine on the new MBPro using Bootcamp and Vista.

With that said, I just dumped LOTRO and went back to WOW. LOTRO has great graphics and SOME nice features, but the overall game world, quests, crafting, etc are just not as epic, or grandios as they are in WOW.

The crafting in LOTRO is VERY difficult and in some cases just plain broken. Overall, you get better stuff from Quests, so why craft.

If you have played WOW, you will miss it GREATLY by the time you hit level 20 in LOTRO...

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I've been running LOTRO since beta on my iMac..no problems. Your MBP should work just fine.

Game wise, I agree with mDelaney123 pretty much. I hit the lvl cap of 50 recently but really only stayed from lvl 40 on because a friend of mine just didn't want me to quit. The game gets very tedious at lvl 40, quest require full groups for the most part, and theres lots of grinding to do if you plan to get your legendary traits, and class quest completed.

That said, if you're a very casual player you might enjoy it more than I did, I don't want to discourage you. The graphics are pretty nice in the game and it was fun for awhile. More content for higher lvl players should be added later this year. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.