PDA

View Full Version : G4 Cube upgrades

IBobby
Jul 12, 2007, 02:32 AM
I am planning on a huge legacy upgrade.... I went to macsales.com and i thought that i would do a processor upgrade looking at the 1.4ghz deffo a video card upgrade and a memory upgrade don't know how much ram this thing can handle. What do u guys think? i love this cube haha :D

CubeHacker
Jul 12, 2007, 04:21 PM
Well, what do you want to do with it? For daily usage an upgrade would work wonders. But if you're expecting to do hardcore HD video work or 3d work, then look elsewhere.

The system takes 1.5gb of RAM max PC100/PC133, in 3 sticks of 512mb.
The processor can be upgraded, and there are many options. I'd recommend something with L3 cache.
Not too many options with video cards. If you're not using an ADC monitor (and you shouldn't be if you want to extend the life of your cube!), then i'd recommend flashing a PC Geforce 6200 card. Its fast and cool and fits perfect in the cube, and supports SM 3.0 !
Don't forget to upgrade the hard drive too!

IBobby
Jul 12, 2007, 07:02 PM
Not really on planning on doing to much on the system execpt some photoshop here and there some final cut express thats pretty much it. But thanks for the info.

ricgnzlzcr
Jul 12, 2007, 08:21 PM
Check out cubeowner.com and read up at their F.A.Q.'s. Great resource for me and my cube. Good luck!