Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
I think a good thing to be added to the FAQ is a performance chart, with a list of CPUs and average points per hour. does Anyone else think this is a good idea?

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Re: Performance Chart

Originally posted by Vlade
I think a good thing to be added to the FAQ is a performance chart, with a list of CPUs and average points per hour. does Anyone else think this is a good idea?
I don't know, it would be really hard because i could complete a 30 + 20 +20 point WU's and still not be done with a 70 pointer on the same exact computer.

It would all depend, I mean you would have to find the most given out WU or something.

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by NNO-Stephen
that would be insanely difficult to do.

I've already got something like that on my personal comp. Its by all means not done, but it at least gives me an idea of what to expect when other stats sites are down for updating :).

not sure to what extent you want the stats to be.

- bert

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Yeah, it may be hard to do. I had a 57 pointer finished in 75 hours, and this 30 pointer im working on now is going to take almost 100

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
the fact that you take a few days for one unit does not matter really. it will just give you a percentage of points: a 100 point WU in 4 hours would give out 25 pts/hr. When people are use to seeing per/week and day stats the hour ones are not that great to look at :(.

Plus, you usually don't update the stat database every hour.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Check the Stanford forums. Ohairy1 has gone to a lot of trouble to put that sort of information together.

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by bousozoku
Check the Stanford forums. Ohairy1 has gone to a lot of trouble to put that sort of information together.

I'm too lazy and only like to spend short spurts on the web looking at stuff while at work. care to give a link?

tia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.